Notices

Hampton Inn New Orleans

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Ella

Hampton Inn New Orleans

Has anybody stayed at the Hampton Inn Suites Convention Center in New Orleans? I can get a single for 4 nights at $80 each for next weekend. Is this place worth the good deal or is it 'too-good-to-be-true'? Is it in a safe area?
Thanks so much!

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:38 AM
e

Do you really want to be AWAY from the Quarter ?? I'd rather pay a little more and stay at a hotel in the Quarter where I get the true "feel" of the Quarter(Place d'Armes, etc.) And can walk around easily to and from mu hotel.JMHO

Old May 4th, 2002, 11:12 AM
x

Is $80 a good price for a Hampton Inn?

I'd try Priceline and shoot for the Quarter.

Old May 4th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Ella

I must input that I'm Canadian and the $80 is about $135 a night CDN with taxes which is more than I'd actually like to pay (I want a quick getaway and have to pay $875CDN for a flight an outrageous price really). A hotel in the Quarter, as much as I'd love to do it, would be at least $180-$200 a night from my research, way out of reach. I guess what I need to know is: is $80 a deal at this particular Hampton?
I also usually rent a car as I want to spread out from the Quarter and my favourite bars are the Maple Leaf west of Carollton on Oak Street and the Mid-City Bowling Lanes. This would be my fourth visit to the Big Easy and there's way more to it than the Quarter. I may even consider renting a bike for a couple of days.
Thanks again!

Old May 4th, 2002, 01:13 PM
susan

My daughter stayed at that Hampton Inn a few weeks ago and thought the hotel was fine but the location was inconvenient. She got it through turbotrip.com for $79 a night. You might remember, too, that you'll end up paying taxes and a hotel fee on top of that, and if you rent a car it normally costs between $18 and $25 a night to park at a hotel.

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:42 AM
CoryP

ttt

Old May 5th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Ellen, I just checked www.quikbook.com for next weekend and you may be in luck. There are a number of hotels for under $100 U.S. (plus tax, of course). There are some nice names and locations. Take a look!