Search

Halekulani

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 05:06 PM
crys

Halekulani

I'm thinking about treating myself to a couple of nights at Halekulani. A couple of questions: (1) How comfortable would a woman traveling alone feel there? I've traveled all over the world by myself, but never to a upscale resort. Is it very couples-oriented? (2) Everyone seems to offer only the rack rate. Any suggestions for websites or agents who might be able to give me a better rate?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:43 PM
dave

How many more times are you going to post your stupid question?!?

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 02:28 AM
xxx

Now, now , Dave - take a deep breath and count to ten. She just wants an answer to her question - no need to be so rude.

Crys, we stayed there a long time ago. It was very nice, but in a crowded area with lots of hotels. If I remember correctly, it is orientated with the narrow side on the beach so that the rest of the rooms face surrounding hotels. Didn't seem a for couples only place at that time - we had our son and mothers with us. I don't have any info about the rates - sorry.

Go, relax, and have a great time!

Now, Dave, see how easy it is to be polite!

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:42 PM
crys

Thank you, xxx. Not that I owe you an explanation, Dave, but I had forgotten to index the earlier post under "hawaii" and thought that perhaps that was why no one had answered. MOST people who come to this board are polite and helpful.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Gary

Crys:
I am not sure the precise answers to your questions, but I found when we were there that anyone would be comfortable there. It was an absolutely first class establishment, one of the finest I've stayed in, and I've stayed in some fine ones! We are going back again for a few nights this summer on our way to Kauai. I don't think there are many "deals" to be had on this hotel, I think it's the kind of place that people go back to again and again, and they don't have to do specials. But, in my opionion, definitely worth it. The other two places I've stayed in Honololu are the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Kahala Mandarin Oriental. The Hilton is nice, but like being in Miami. The Kahala compares favorably with the Halekulani, but you are way out of the action, and for us, since we'll spend over a week in Kauai, which is quiet, we're looking for something more "in the middle of things" in Honolulu.

Have a good time.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 12:43 PM
xx

Crys indexing a post is only useful when doing a search for a certain topic otherwise they all post to the United States board. In the future if someone comes on and they type in Hawaii to the search they will find your post but most likely most people enter and stay on the US board without filtering the posts.