Reload this Page >

Hair salon rec's- Waikiki, Oahu (HI)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Shannon

We are heading for Oahu in February for my parents anniversary. My mom would like to get her hair done while there for a special dinner. Any rec's for a decent hair salon, but not too expensive. Looking in the Waikiki area if possible. Thank-You!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 07:23 PM
julie

Ask the hotel concierge or find someone with a nice 'do' and ask a her (or him).

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Melissa

Not sure what "not too expensive" would be, but you could try Hino's on the ground level of Ala Moana Center.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 11:51 PM
SG

Ala Moana also has JcPenny's - although it may close before then, Sears and Macy's. Most hotels have salons.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:45 PM
scigirl

Another great salon is Salon 808 - it is located in a building near Ala Moana. Henry is the owner and does a great job, as do the other people who work there. (The salon was on E! Fashion Emergency and they do the hair for many of the beauty contests, hula competions, weddings, etc. that take place in Hawaii.) Prices are reasonable. 808 942 7799.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Sarah

Liberty house now Macey's at the Ala Moana Mall use to do great jobs for me. Call them and and see if they are in your price Range.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 08:53 AM
charley

My daughter got a really really nice, makeover-type haircut from a Japanese hairstylist at Paul Brown. Sorry, can't recall his name but he was written up in Honolulu Magazine as one of top hair stylists in the area. Here's their website ...

http://www.paulbrownhawaii.com/