Grenoble House or Villa Convento in NOLA for family w/ college kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a Christmas trip to NOLA with our 3 college age (over 21)kids. Since we haven't been on vacation together in several years, I am looking at Grenoble House and Villa Convento since they offer suites that can accomodate all of us in what seem to be roomy suites. Has anyone had any experience with either place? My husband and I were in NOLA 1 1/2 years ago and loved it..so looking forward to sharing good times with our kids.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, where is Nola?
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM

Sorry to say I have no personal information about either, but I HAVE stayed at the Quarter House in the French Quarter and it has 2 bedroom fully furnished condos (kitchens, washing machines and dryers, etc) that would be ideal for your group. The website is quarterhouse.com
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM

So NOLA is NewOrelans, LA?
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 08:31 AM

The "suites" at Villa Convento are not appropriate for large family parties. I've stayed in both of them, and they are essentially "honeymoon" rooms, with only one bed, though that bed is huge.
They are "suites" because they have a large bathroom and sitting area with chairs and a sofa.

They do have two family rooms w/ a loft above the main room, but those do not sleep five adults, they have a king on the main floor and 2 twins in the loft. I suppose they could put a rollaway next to the king, but I think it would be quite tight.

Probably a better choice would be to just take one regular room for the parents, and one of the queen/single rooms for the college students. It's likely that the younger generation will want to be out much later than the parents; with a second room you won't be disturbed if they come in late.

New Orleans has several condo rental setups in the Quarter these days, some of them permanently set up for visitors, and some of them sublets of apartments that are owned by people living elsewhere for a while. Most of them have one-week minimums. If you're staying that long, search around; you might find something that works for you.
Be warned that if you want decent rates, you'll need to leave by Dec. 29th. After that, the rates skyrocket for NYE and the Sugar Bowl events.
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, NOLA is an acronym for New Orleans, Louisiana. I am leaning toward Grenoble House b/c it has 2 bedroom suites w/a kitchen and sofa bed. I was just hoping someone out there had more knowledge, particularly of Grenoble House...and thanks SusanCS and Ryn2691 for the suggestions. We are also considering 2 rooms as an alternative to a large suite arrangement...and I will look at at Quarter House's website now. Thanks!