Notices

Green Bay?

Old Apr 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Bay?

Driving from Milwaukee to Minneapolis, and wondering if a side trip to Green Bay is worth it. Is there a Packers museum there? What about something to do on the bay?
Thanks!
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM

There is a Packer museum at Lambeau Field. The three, I mean 4 Lombardi Trophies are on display there. Not sure of the hours. You'll have to check their website.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM

If you are a football fan - you should sometime in your lifetime visit Lambeau Field - they have the Packers Hall of Fame which is very well done - has some things especially for kids -- the Lambeau Leap - etc. Also, if is preseacon the Packers may be training at their training field that is available for everyone to see - Hudson center. One small amusement park - Bay Beach Park is located their -- it is a very unusual park -- each ride is .25 -- when the park was donated to the city the person dictated that it always remaind that. They have ride for pre teens and it is very well done.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM

I agree with the recommendation of touring Lambeau Field and seeing the Packer Hall of Fame. There's also a nice RR Museum and the county museum is worth a short visit.
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM

There is basically only (the) one thing in Green Bay... but yeah, I did it... and it was enjoyable.

Interesting to find the end of what is actually 'Green Bay'... which is something nobody ever thinks about.

The ice cream parlor at Lambeau Field is called "Frozen in Time"... and when you are washing your hands in the little boys' room, there is an old-time Packers' front line staring back at you.

Not to mention the green and yellow color themes in many other spots.