Great things to do in Chicago for 7/30 to 8/01

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to Chicago for a Friday/Saturday night stay at the end of the month. I'm staying at the Palmer House Hilton.

We're definatley interested in the Art Institute. Thinking about the Museum of Technology? I think that's what it's called. I would love some advice on good Boat Cruises of Lake Michigan, great pizza, and other fun activities to do.

Thanks!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:03 PM

I think the museum you're referring to might be the Museum of Science and Industry, where you could spend days.

Lou Malnati's has great pizza.

There's an amazing exhibit at the Field Museum from China's Forbidden City.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:33 PM

Amanda, whenever we go to Chicago we check out www.metromix.com for the lastest scoop on what's going on in the city. You can put in the dates you will be there and it tells you what is playing. Hope this helps you.
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:39 AM

I think you've gotten some great advice; chicgal's suggested itinerary is a good one. I've been on just about every boat tour of Chicago, and I agree that the Chicago Architectural Tour is the best. If you want something fun but more active, you can take an architectural tour on a kayak; check this website http://www.adventure-agents.com/historical.htm

Edwardo's and Giordano's both have good stuffed pizza, and they both have locations in Hyde Park. You might want to go for lunch/dinner after going to the Museum of Science and Industry.

Have a great visit to a great city!
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM

Definitely the Venetian Night, being at the Palmer House you'll be right there for Grant Park & Museum campus. After all that walking enjoy a picnic along the lake, take in the skyline.I like this firework show better than July 3rd.Although their will be about 500 thousand people with you.I live here and this is one of the night's worth staying downtown for.chicgal post was right on.