grand tetons in july

Search

grand tetons in july

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grand tetons in july

any suggestions about places to stay in the grand tetons and yellowstone in july

I have stayed in the hotel/lodge at the grand tetons park and have some memory of places at jenny lake

I also hav some recollection that the old hotel in yellowstone has been redone

any suggestions
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM

You may get more suggestions if you describe your group and budget. In the Grand Tetons my group of four adult couples was very happy with Signal Mountain Lake Lodge. In Yellowstone the Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Old Faithful Lodge were great places for us to stay. Enjoy your adventure.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

If you're talking about this year the only way you're going to get rooms is to call every day hoping for a cancellation.

Most people here like Signal Mountain Lodge in the Tetons. It sits on Jackson Lake with an awesome view of the Tetons. It's not as pricey and upscale as Jenny Lake Lodge though.

The Old Faithful Inn has two wings that are more modern and have bathrooms. The "old house" in the central part of the lodge is very rustic with log walls, a sink, nails on the wall for a closet and no A/C. You go to a central shower/bathroom.

A few years ago they built a new lodge next door called Old Faithful Snow Lodge (because it's open in winter). It is very nice.

The Lake area, Grant Village, Canyon area and Mammoth have lodges. None are 4 star quality but are conveniently located IN the park.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

thanks

I am going with an old college friend and would be willing to spend a lot to go to a special place
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM

The "special place" in the Teton is Jenny Lake Lodge. However, you may be too late to get a room there....or anywhere within the park for that matter.
At this late date, you won't have that much of a choice. Take what you can get in either park!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:54 AM

Consider the Jackson Lake Lodge in GTNP. Great location, roomy accomodations, options of food, etc. Try to splurge for a room with a view.