Reload this Page >

Grand Lake Colorado Inns

Search

Grand Lake Colorado Inns

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Marie

Grand Lake Colorado Inns

My husband and I are planning to attend a wedding in Grand Lake, Colorado in mid September. The wedding will take place at Grand Lake Lodge and it is full. In another thread regarding Grand Lake Colorado, a suggestion for Lemmon Lodge was offered, however, we don’t really enjoy the rustic cabin setting. In the Grand Lake Chamber of Commerce site were two potential alternatives and was wondering whether anyone has stayed there. One is Rapids Lodge which is located on the eastern side of town. It has rooms within the main building and overlooks the Tonahutu River. The second is EG’s Country Inn which is located right in the middle of town. It, too, has rooms in the main building and overlooks Grand Lake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:23 PM
David

Marie,

I cannot comment on the other two places you mentioned, however, having stayed several times at both the Grand Lake and Lemmon Lodges, there are a couple of things I thought you should know.

First of all, between the GLL and the LL, the GLL is by far the more rustic of the two. Staying at the Grand Lake Lodge is like going to camp as a kid. It consists of rustic cabins spread out over a hill in the woods. Don't get me wrong, I love the place--especially the main lodge with its wonderful views of the lake. It is quite rustic, however.

As for the Lemmon Lodge, it consists of a variety of cabins from rustic to fully equipped. If you want a kitchen, you can have a kitchen, etc... Furthermore, it is nestled at the far end of town right next to the lake (the Grand Lake Lodge is way up on a hill) and the LL is within walking distance of shops restaurants, the marina and the like. Granted some of Lemmon Lodges cabins are rustic, but many of them are quite modern with all the conveniences.

IMHO if you don't like rustic, you definitely don't want to stay at the Grand Lake Lodge.

Davidcs

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:12 PM
g

I stayed at condos overlooking the lake at the edge of town proper and they were pretty nice-gorgeous in fact. Don't remember the name, but there are many condo developments along the lake. Might check a city web site.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 08:00 AM
kima

Marie try looking at http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/co3.htm#Grand+Lake

for condos that may suite you better than the cabins

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Ali

Marie - My husband and I were married in Grand Lake four years ago. We love that town! We had our reception at the Grand Lake Lodge. We spent our "honeymoon" at the Lemmon Lodge - the cabin was great! Clean, well kept. Our cabin was right on the waters edge - very private and not expensive. We have also stayed at the Lemmon Lodge, the Bighorn Lodge, and a private cabin that I found on the Grand Lake Chamber website (www.grandlakechamber.com). I personally would not stay at EG's - I think the restaurant down below would smell horrible to stay above. The Rapids is rustic but beautiful! They have an excellent restaurant on their property! We have not stayed there, but have had friends that did and they really enjoyed it. Have a great time! If you have time try to go into Rocky Mountain National Park - September will be an excellent time for listening to the elk.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Marie

Thank you for all your insightful replies. Please keep them coming.

It appears that I have more comparing to do.