Grand Canyon Tours

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Canyon Tours

I plan to drive from Phoenix May 15 and arrive at the GC in time for the sunset tour, tour the next day and head to Sedona for more sight-seeing, spend the night and head back to Phoenix in time to fly back home. My questions are: which tours to see in GC (desert view or hermit's rest) and how to maximize my 1-day visit in Sedona.
Thanks. This site is GREAT information.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 03:00 PM

Are you asking about commercial tours or just touring the park yourself?

If you want to tour the park yourself get to the Grand Canyon Village by sunset. If you have time ride the shuttle bus to Sunset Point (or any view point will do).

The next morning ride the shuttle buses to Hermit's rest and stop at a few view points. You might even try waking along the rim trail between a few of the first stops.

Exit the park driving east towards Cameron on Hwy 64 and stop at a few view points including Desert View as you leave the park. This is a very scenic route to drive out. Better than the painted desert!

Utahtea
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the advice. It's hard to plan when you don't really know where things are. Any suggestions for the best way to see Sedona? This may be my only trip and I don't want to miss the best views.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 03:43 PM

Sedona is to commerical for us so we just drive thought. You see a lot just driving though. Maybe someone else will come along to give Sedona advise.

After you leave Sedona on your way back to Phoenix you should consider stopping at Montezuma's Castle National Monument and take the short hike to see the ruins. Montezuma's Castle NM is just above Camp Verde, AZ on I-17.

Utahtea
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:26 AM

at the Bright Angel desk they have tours and the bus will pick you up and take you..about $22 for the one we took..was worth it...call xanterra(.com) and see what they offer...they are guided trips..