Grand Canyon Bus Tours from Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: We've narrowed it down to two companies, Look Tours and Grand Canyon Tour Company. They're both the same price and seem to be about the same itinerary (south rim). The difference seems to be that one stops for lunch at the Quality Inn in Tusayan and the other at Thelma and Louise in Williams.

Would anyone know about these tours? Would you choose one over the other?

Thanks all!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 11:59 AM

I do not know of any of these tours. My husband and I went to the Grand Canyon by Showtime Tours. The tour guide was great and we had so much fun. They showed a movie going and coming back to Las Vegas. We stopped at Thelma & Louise for lunch. The food was okay.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 07:49 AM

We did Showtime tours to the South Rim -was a very good tour - informative guide - stop at Hoover Dam - lunch at Thelma and Max was good. Movies on bus. Pick up and drop off at hotel. If you look on line - they run many specials - two for one price for the Canyon tour- if you fly and need transportation to your hotel - they often offer free shuttle from the airport (arrival and departure to and from your hotel) included in your Canyon tour price. I would recommend this tour company.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM

Candy, if you can confirm with both toors if they pick up from the hotel you're staying at. Some companies have pick up points, or they say they don't have an agreement with this particular hotel. I would start with a concierge of your hotel, not the tour company - based on my friend's unfortunate experience with a large tour bus company.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 06:58 AM

We went direct with the tour company - found booking at the hotel to be much more costly. I checked all prices before I left home. You can make sure before you book if the tour company will pick up and drop off at your hotel.The same company we went with you could book them at the hotel - but saved much by booking ourselves.