Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Good Vail Sunday Brunch suggestions needed...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Debbie

Hello, we are going to Vail this week. Can anyone give us suggestions on a good weekend or Sunday brunch offered in the village or elsewhere. We are interested in hotels, etc. that allow non-guests for morning dining. Please hurry with suggestions. We leave Thursday 1-30-03. We are staying in West Vail. Thank you!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Debbie, the Cascade Resort and Spa used to have a BIG brunch, its been awhile since we have been there but I am sure they probably still have something. The Cascade is on the west end and has a lift there as well.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:20 AM

Coskier, Just got registered (what timing while in a hurry to go on a trip) and I appreciate the advice on the Cascades. I called and they were so friendly, saying non-guests are welcome. They also said that if our hotel's transportation brought us over, they could take us back! What hospitality! Thank you! Also, do you know which of these restaurants would be better for German food (ie schnitzel, etc.) The Alpenrose or Swiss Chalet Cafe in the Sonnenalp? Where is the Alpenrose located? In the village also? I haven't checked into it. Thank you. Please reply soon. We leave this evening.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:37 AM

The Lodge at Vail (right in the heart of Vail Village) offers one of the best brunches I have ever been to (we stayed there a couple of years ago)... I believe it's offered daily and it's probably open to non-hotel guests. Check for a time on Sundays. The food was great and the atmosphere in the restaurant where the brunch is served is casual, but elegant.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:39 AM

Add on to my message: The Lodge at Vail actually offered a breakfast buffet with a large variety of foods ... check if they offer this specifically for a Sunday brunch.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 06:01 AM

Debbie, sorry no help there, not a big german food fan. Now german beer, that is another story!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 08:11 AM

Cher and Coskier thanks a bunch for the help with brunch. Both have been contacted and sound promising. Thanks again!
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM

Hello again. Just wanted to let you know we are back from our Vail trip and we made it over to the Cascades for two meals at Chaps. We loved the breakfast buffet and lunch was great there also. The Marriott took us straight over on their shuttle. We loved how easy it was to travel around by shuttle literally everywhere. Thank you for the dining help - An awesome trip!