Good Seafood Places in Annapolis

Sep 1st, 2003, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Good Seafood Places in Annapolis

We are visiting Annapolis in November. Would appreciate any ideas on good seafood places there.
Sep 1st, 2003, 10:22 AM

I have eaten at Carrol's Creek twice, and it was excellent both times. They have the best cream of crab soup I have tried.

www.carrolscreek.com
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:45 PM

I suggest crossing the Bay Bridge and eating at the Narrow's Restaurant under the Kent Narrows Bridge.
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:51 PM
LN

Great choice - The Narrows and Carrolls creek - Jimmy Cantlers Crab House - Paul's on the South River - Harris' Crab House over at Kent Island - Kentmoor (again crabs and seafood)

Most all have nice atmosphere. Chart House is a chain and sometimes it's good and sometimes not - but it's generally pretty expensive - gorgeous spot on Spa Creek - looking out on the Naval Academy. But Carroll's creek has virtually the same view.

Enjoy your dinner
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:41 PM

Here's the lowdown on Annapolis

Best Upscale Seafood & Overall Winner - O'Learys (eastport)
Best Spanish Seafood - Jalapenos
Best French Seafood - Les Folies
Best Fusion Seafood - Tsunami
Best Resonable Priced Seafood - Deep Creek (Arnold)
Best Picnic Seafood - Jimmy Cantlers Riverside Inn (call for directions)
Oct 16th, 2003, 09:57 PM

Cantlers, Cantlers, Cantlers, Cantlers--enough said. If your looking for true maryland crab atmosphere- anywhere else is either too high end or too national chain. Honestly you won't be dissapointed. However, you may want to sit inside in nov. Enjoy MD
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:08 AM

The only concern regarding Cantlers, is that it is not located in downthown Annapolis. If you want to have dinner in the city, Cantlers is not the spot for you. The atmosphere is fine if you want a VERY casual, down home, bar type atmosphere.
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:38 AM
LN

There are some good pub style places around the Annapolis harbor such as O'Briens, McGarveys, Middletons. They have a good selection of seafood to offer and are right down at Ego Alley where most of the boats come in.

Most of Annapolis is very casual and laid back even though its origins go back to the Revolutionary time period.

I hope you will also take time and walk around the main area of Annapolis (it's not a large area to walk) and also see the Naval Academy. There are homes here from four of signers of the Declaration of Independence. The Paca House and Gardens are fantastic. And our State House is probably (I think) the most beautiful state house ever.

As for Jimmy Cantlers - well he has really good crabs and has had for at leas6t the last 25 years or so. You would need a car to get there as the restaurant is on the water (++) in the St Margarets area of Annapolis.

Search this Thread