Search

Seattle Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle Restaurants

My friends and I will be flying into SeaTac airport around 8pm (early November) and flying out the next morning at 6am, (staying in a hotel right near the airport)... so just a quick stopover.

However, the night we arrive in Seattle is the birthday of one of the guys in our group and we are looking for somewhere nice/fun to take him out for dinner. Nothing too rowdy as we have a long day of travel the next day, but something that would be a good time all the same.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, as we are all very unfamiliar with Seattle and the surrounding areas.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM

What sort of food? Are you trying to stay right near the airport, or will you take a cab into town?
There's a 13 Coins on Int'l Blvd, just a few blocks from the airport. Or Bai Tong Thai a couple of miles up the road.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM

If you’re looking for a place near the airport, Thirteen Coins is a local institution that many people like. I don’t. I think it’s too expensive for what it offers.

Popular chain restaurants in the area include Claim Jumper, Barnaby’s Steak and Ale, and Newport Bay (a small NW chain http://www.newportbay.com).

A huge nearby and newly remodeled mall has several restaurants: Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, etc.:
http://westfield.com/southcenter/our...urants-42.html

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you want to come into downtown Seattle? Or stay by the airport?
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far.

I think we are pretty open to any style of food... was just kind of hoping there would be a unanimous "you must eat here".

As for staying near the airport or heading into the city, I would say if there is something good near the airport that would be prefered, as we don't want to have too crazy late of an evening, but if there is something totally worth heading into town for - well... we're flexible.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM

<Nothing too rowdy as we have a long day of travel the next day, but something that would be a good time all the same.>

There are plenty of places downtown worth a trip for foodies. Are you guys foodies? What is your idea of a "good time"?
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM

I fly in and out of SEA TAC often. There are VERY FEW choices for food after 8 pm in the area. Bai Tong mentioned has closed and moved to a mall across I-5. The airport itself has a decent Anthony's ( a popular WA seafood chain), but you must stay in the secured area of the airport and it closes nineish. There is a "Wines of Washington" on the second floor after you get your baggage. Go up and stop by there for a toast. Then I would call for the Marriott shuttle to their SEATAC Marriot on 176th Street where the dining room stays open later and the food is better than most Marriotts and you can laugh and drink together into the night before migrating to wherever you will be staying. Wouldn't it be good to be staying there already? Seattle has good restaurants, most close by 10:00, but unless you want to go many miles to town and do taxi both directions and hope to be able to flag or have the restaraunt call one to get back out to the airport after you have played, I would eat and drink closer to the airport.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM

You will need to come into downtown if you want a great meal.

Anthony's Pier 66/Bell Street Diner or Cutter's are both nice and on the waterfront with views.

If you like Italian, Assagio's or Il Bistro are both wonderful.

Of the fancier dinner places I like Etta's Seafood, Lola's, Dahlia Lounge (all Tom Douglas restaurants).

For steak you can't beat the Metropolitan Grill, but it is not cheap.

For fun and more casual you might all enjoy the Frontier Room (BBQ) or Ohana's (tiki lounge) next door to each other and both on 1st Ave in Belltown.

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
At night in November there won't be any view, but Salty's at Redondo is a fairly short taxi ride from the airport, and offers decent food and bev. http://www.saltys.com/seattle_south/

Is it a weeknight or weekend?
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 07:12 AM

I think the Salty's idea from Gardyloo is a great one! Closer to the airport, something a bit special without having to come all the way into town.
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM

My thought was Salty's as well. Do they still have the great clam chowder with sherry? And Halibut with crab sauce? ooooo gettinghungry.....
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM

You should go to one of the Tom Douglas restaurants downtown if you want something decent but lively. If you want the best of Seattle then you want a smaller/quiter restaurant like Lark. All the best restaurants here are small and in Seattle for the exception of Cafa Juanita which is small but on the east side.
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM

I had just asked about restaurants near the airport and someone sent me here. Some really good recommendations, especially Salty's as we loved the one at Aliki. I see on their website the Redondo Salty's will even provide van service to and from SeaTac hotels!