good places to visit and eat in DT seattle

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good places to visit and eat in DT seattle

posted a few days earlier and decided to stay at the Westin with my two sons. One son's girlfriend is joining us now, but we are only staying 2 nights and though our room will be tight, it will be fine. Homewood Suites or Residence Inn not on airline reward program or I would look into them. Girlfriend has never been in Seattle, although we have, but wanting some suggestions for places to go. Also places to eat out side the realm of fast food to eat. Looking for a breakfast place near the Westin. Lot's of coffee shops and that may be fine, but which ones? Any bakeries nearby? Also places to try for lunch that aren't fancy or expensive. Want to eat one nice dinner somewhere-maybe something different. I know there are some chain restaurants in the area-cheesecake factory, etc., but any ideas would be great. We have visited seattle center, monorail from westlake, Pike's, the waterfront in the past. Would like any Ideas I might be missing.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM

We're always fans of Wild Ginger for dinner or lunch. It has never disappointed us...and it's a fun place to go as well. Reservations are essential though. Cafe Campagne is a nice brunch place on the weekends. Macrina Bakery is also worth checking out for a light bite.
cheers,
CC
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Dahlia Bakery on 4th is very near your hotel. It is excellent. Or La Panier in the Pike Place Market.

For sit-down breakfasts Bacco or Le Pichet on 1st are nice. Or the Athenian or Lowell's are 'diners' with water views within the Pike Place Market.

Places for lunch that aren't too expensive or fancy - Serious Pie (pizza), Virginia Inn, Bacco or Le Pichet (as already mentioned for breakfast), Noodle Ranch, Mama's Mexican Kitchen, Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar, El Puerco Lloron (mexican).

For your nice dinner - Assagio's on 4th (italian), Dahlia Lounge or Etta's Seafood (Tom Douglas restaurants), Anthony's Pier 66 & Bell Street Diner (waterfront view), Maximillien's (french with view).
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Great suggestions from CC and suze, I'd add Palace Kitchen to your dinner suggestions as it is right by the Westin and is fabulous! Also Tavolata in Beltown in an excellent and fun Italian (house made pasta!)

Seattle is really known for it's restaurants, and there are so many choices! Please take advantage and skip the chains- you can get those anywhere!

have fun!
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM

If you like Vietnamese, Long at 2nd Avenue and Stewart, is good and inexpensive--and the atmosphere is pleasing. You'll like it.

For lunch Mon-Fri and happy hour everyday, the bar at Palomino is a great deal. It's upstairs in a building at 1420 5th Avenue (between Pike and Union). Lots of fun. Great $5 pizza in the evening. Happy hour goes until closing.

Another place we really love is Steelhead Diner in the Market at 95 Pike Street. The food is soooo good, and the same menu with sandwiches, salads, entrees, etc. is offered at lunch and dinner. This would be my choice for that "something different" dinner. It is a real "Seattle" restaurant--not a chain.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
HTTY, Thank you for the mention of Long. I've been watching that place since they opened. I thought it looked interesting but didn't know anyone who'd eaten there yet. I'll give it a try (I work downtown, so for lunch).
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM

From the Long web site: "The creators of Tamarind Tree Restaurant are pleased to bring you Long Provincial Vietnamese Restaurant, a new experience in downtown Seattle." Some appetizers, such as the Tumeric fish rolls, are a light meal. It's busy at lunch time, but service is fast. HTTY
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM

Purple Cafe (wine bar, fantastic food) and Tulio (Italian)are reliable dinner places. Top Pot (doughnuts) is fun and not too far from the Westin.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 08:59 AM

I've eaten at Long and thought it was pretty good. It's not as good as Tamarind Tree though IMHO but it's closer if your dt!