Reload this Page >

Going to Tweeter Center in Mansfield,MA in August

Notices

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to see Jimmy Buffett at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield on Thursday, 8/10. I am planning on taking just a couple of days off to go there and am wondering about places to go that are nearby. I have been to Boston numerous times so would like to see some other part of MA this trip. I went to Gloucester on another trip and last year went to Mystic, CT, Portsmouth, NH and RI. Thinking about Newburyport but am also considering southern MA and would welcome suggestions. I'm coming from Albany, NY area. Not interested in Cape Cod for this trip as I have been there and might be going to Nantucket in Sept. I love the ocean and anything nautical. Also enjoy historical areas. I'm pretty much driving myself crazy trying to figure out where to go for this short trip. Also, I'm planning on staying at the Comfort Inn in Foxborough the night of the concert. Does anyone know about public transportation to the Tweeter Center from there? I really don't want to have to drive as I am going to the concert by myself. Thanks!
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:52 AM

Tweeter is in the middle of noplace, I'd be very surprised if there's any public transit options.

For your other time, consider going to New Bedford, a former whaling port that has some interesting museums.

http://www.nps.gov/nebe/
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM

Unfortunately, there's no public transporation in that area. Maybe your hotel has a shuttle? Might be worth inquiring about.

Not sure if you've been to Newport RI before but it would be a great choice for this trip. Probably a little less than an hour from Foxboro. Oh and have fun at Buffett! I've seem him at the Tweeter Center and it was so much fun.
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I had been thinking about New Bedford and just may do that since it is close by and looks like it would be very interesting and fits my nautical requirement very well. I guess I'll start checking out Parrothead message boards and see if I can find if there are any people staying at the hotel that are going to the concert who I may be able to tag along with. Worse comes to worse, I guess I'll just have to stay sober.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Plymouth fits the bill for both nautical and historical.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
mma

The Comfort Inn you are staying at is in Foxboro but right on the Mansfield line...very convenient to Routes 95, 495. I doubt there is a shuttle but you could always splurge for a taxi. It shouldn't be that costly. If you do decide to drive, lots of parking and people really live it up before the show. New Bedford does have a nice whaling museum. Plymouth has Plimoth Plantation, whale watches (Captain John's - we went on one through school last year - google their website), and of course the "rock".