Going to South Beach, Miami

Old Jan 18th, 2021, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to South Beach, Miami

My wife and I are planing to go to Miami Beach for a week. We are doing research about the fun we can have there. Many websites and advertisement. but we want it to know from a first hand travelers, where are the must places to visit and what kind of transportation to use.

Thank you in advance!

J&A
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 09:12 AM

Hey J&A, South Beach is actually pretty walkable depending on where you're staying. Definitely check out the Art Deco Historic District (if thats your thing) and all the trails along the boardwalk are a great way to spend your day. Personally I enjoy people watching and this is definitely a great place to do it! The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is also a great visit!
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 07:09 AM

Wynwood Art District, Vizcaya.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 07:24 AM

Good choice...Miami Beach is really a lovely place. You can do an ocean drive, Cool Down In A Historic Pool, make time for the Miami zoo.

Have fun with your wife
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 06:34 PM

Plenty to do in a week in Miami Beach

For a week in Miami Beach, I’d suggest basing yourself in South Beach. Besides enjoying the beach, your hotel pool, and the weather, here are a few other ideas. Take the Art Deco Walking Tour from the Art Deco Welcome Center on Ocean Drive. It is held every morning at 10:30 and it is an entertaining way to learn about the city’s incredible Art Deco architecture. Visit the Bass Art Museum, full of fun contemporary art. Rent a CityBike at one of the many stands all over town and pedal everywhere, but especially up and down the paved path that will eventually run for 7 miles — 86 blocks — along the water. Right now a chunk in the middle is being redone, but you can bike south from about 29th street to 1st Street then down through South Pointe Park, and through the MB Marina. Many residents of MB do not own a car.

If you do have a car with you (parking is expensive), you can venture an hour south to Key Largo and sign up for an afternoon snorkeling trip. Or visit the exotic Fairchild Tropical Garden or the Eye-popping Vizcaya Mansion. Uber over to Miami’s Bayfront Park and take a boat ride around the 3 islands that are home to the rich and famous (and you’ll go through the Port where cruise ships are still parked). You can also Uber over to Wynwood, a still-gritty neighborhood of industrial warehouses that have been transformed into art by world famous street artists (eat at the Butcher Shop Beer Garden or Bakan for Mexican).

Miami Beach restaurants: Doraku on Lincoln Road or Tanuki on Alton for Japanese, Stiltsville for seafood, Sardinia and Macchialina for Italian (for a bargain, Pasta Go on Alton), Havana 1957 for Cuban. Or, for Cuban food immersion, take a culinary tour in the Little Havana neighborhood!

Originally Posted by albertotomba6221 View Post
My wife and I are planing to go to Miami Beach for a week. We are doing research about the fun we can have there. Many websites and advertisement. but we want it to know from a first hand travelers, where are the must places to visit and what kind of transportation to use.

Thank you in advance!

J&A