Glendale, CA

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
Sue

Glendale, CA

I hear/read so much about LA traffic being so terrible...does that include the Glendale area, or is Glendale/Burbank better/different? I'll be visiting in a few weeks and will be visiting friends in both Glendale and Burbank and would like to know what to expect. Thanks!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:29 PM
Allie

What do your friends who live there say?

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:04 PM
janis

Sue: "LA traffic" does not simply refer to Los Angeles. Los Angeles city a relatively small part of what tourists think of as "LA".

The terrible traffic includes LA, Orange, Riverside and parts of other So Cal counties. Yes, the traffic is bad in Glendale, Burbank, the San Fernando Valley, Anaheim, Long Beach, Pasadena Buena Park, Beverly Hills, etc, etc. None of these are "LA" but all are part of LA traffic.

But like other places - the very worst traffic is on the freeways during the morning and afternoon rush hours.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:54 PM
hectro

If you're from a big city, you won't find the Glendale Burbank traffic too bad. You can get from one city to the other without getting on the freeway, so stay away from the freeway between 730-930am and between 4:15 - 7:00pm and you'll be fine.
But in July, it will be HOT ! Plan some day trips to the beach areas!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:30 PM
cindy

I visited my daughter and son-in-law in January; they live in Glendale and work in Pasadena. I flew into Burbank, rented a car there, and stayed at a pleasant hotel in Burbank (the Annabel). I did as others suggest and stayed off the freeways during peak times, and never ran into significant traffic problems. Even if you do take the freeway, those towns are all next to each other and you won't have far to go.