Girls Weekend in New Orleans!

Old Aug 17th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Girls Weekend in New Orleans!

Planning a trip to NO in November and want to get suggestions on where to stay, where to eat, good shopping, where to find good nightlife and possibly a good day spa... can you help?!?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Dan

Lots of New Orleans info already posted. Research past posts and then ask specific questions.

GENERALLY, you want to stay in/near the French Quarter.

Good luck.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 10:30 AM

We enjoyed staying at the Dauphine Orleans 1 block off Bourbon Street. Easy walking distance to everything. My husband has stayed there with groups for a couple bachelor parties as well, so they may offer a good rate for multiple rooms.

NO is lots of fun! There are a number of posts on this board with details.

We enjoyed a cooking class at New Orleans Cooking School, Voodoo Cemetery Tour, Beignets at Cafe DuMonde, & more.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Looked into staying at Dauphine Orleans... good to know that it is a nice place! Really interested in day spas... heard any pos/neg comments about Miss Celie's Spa or Eclipse Day Spa? Looking for something with a bit of "NO feel" to it. The Ritz is a bit cookie-cutter. Any reviews on Emeril's restaurants lunch vs. dinner, would you suggest reservations?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 12:00 PM

I think you'd really enjoy dinner in the courtyard at Marisol's. THen walk down the street to the Spotted Cat for jazz.

Afternoon tea (with champagne and caviar!) at the Windsor Court was very fun. Lot's of "ladies' groups" there!
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Dan

Miss Celie's is apparently still having some "teething pains." The local paper ran a story a couple of weeks ago that three employees were mugged within a week. That doesn't do much for morale, I'd say!