Girls Turn 50 trip to NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are well into our planning stages of our "big trip--we are all college classmates who get together every year and decided we needed a special destination this year! We've got flights and hotel booked (Broadway Inn).
We'll all be flying into LGA--3 into the Central Terminal and one into the Delta Terminal. Our flights all arrive within about 2 hours of each other. I had read that Todd English has 2 "Figs" restaurants in the Central Terminal--one a sitdown and one a cafe. Would either of these be a good place to meet up--I thought we could get a bite to eat here before heading into the City (we all arrive by 2:30 p.m.) Any thoughts on Figs?
Thanks so much
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
GoTravel

MzPossum, I'd suggest going ahead and heading into Manhattan to find a meeting place.

Weather could hold up one of the flights and y'all could end up spending hours in LGA. I'd personally rather have my friends meet me somewhere really cool in Manhattan than hang out at LGA.

Old Mar 6th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, GoTravel
I have gotten lots of good info from posters over the years. I'll suggest this to the other gals coming in.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM

I agree that hanging out at LGA is not a great idea. The cab is only about $30-35 max into Manhattan and 4 in a cab will be crowded anyway. Meet at the hotel (although this is not the place I would have chosen).
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

Is it changeable? How many rooms did you book there?

Check out a suite at the Radiocityapartments.com or the Murray Hill East Suites.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM

I agree--don't try to meet at LGA. These two terminals are quite far apart and meeting up would require that the late arriver negotiate wacky airport traffic on a shuttle bus.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

thanks again for all the replies! I'm the "odd man out" (Delta Terminal) but I arrive 2 hours before the others, so I may go ahead and meet them at the terminal. However, it does make me think I need to get my own taxi to go to the airport on our arrival day as all of our departures are close to the same time (*sigh*, and I was hoping to share the taxi fare!)
mclaurie, I am curious as to why you say you wouldn't choose the Broadway Inn. When I went to the TripAdvisor reviews the large majority gave the hotel very good reviews (we're a tight budget lot and are getting a suite--1 queen bed and a fold out couch) The Broadway Inn was also recommended to me by a friend who goes to NYC twice a year (we had hoped for the Edison but they didn't have avalability the dates we're going.)
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

mclaurie, I did check out the Radio City Apartments website and it does look very nice and very affordable, but, no vacancies during our time. I'll keep it in mind for future (hopefully!) trips.