Getting Married in Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are looking to have our wedding on a beach in Hawaii on the Maui island. Is it possible to get a hotel for a week and pay $1,000 or under? We are planning on using the hotel coordinator to plan our wedding so we would like a hotel near a beach also.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:38 PM

I think $1000 (incl tax and service?) for six nights would be a tough find in Maui. That said, I believe that the beaches on Maui are public so there won't be a site charge.

I don't know anything about the Inn at Mama's Fish House, nor can I vouch for the place since I haven't stayed there. I did have lunch at Mama's which is supposedly adjacent to the Inn, and the food was delicious (the best I had during my stay in Maui). There's a small beach (that I thought was quite nice) in front of the restaurant. Anyway, their website www.mamasfishouse.com states that they have rooms available for $175. Maybe that might work for your budget.

My only other suggestion would be to check out www.theknot.com and look under the Hawaii message boards.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:41 PM

Forgot to mention that you should get a copy of Maui Revealed if you don't already have one. It might have some suggestions.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:44 PM

My husband and I are both ordained ministers living on Maui and licensed to officiate at weddings here. If you're interested in a simple Christian wedding (or vow renewal) service, check out our website, www.mauibeachweddings.com, for contact info. As for hotels, you won't get a nice one, esp. near a beach, for under $1000 for the week, but you could get a condo for that price.

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:38 AM

If you are interested in a Beach wedding on Kauai, I believe the Hanalei Bay Resort may be able to accomodate you in your price range. My wife and I were married on the Beach next to the Princeville Hotel (in front of HBR), and I can give you info. for our wedding services coordinator.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:07 PM

I think you will need a permit to get married in a public place so I would begin with the Hawaii Visitor's Convention Bureau (1-800-GO-HAWAI or email them at [email protected], website is www.gohawaii.com)There are alot of different wedding services and most of the hotels offer a coordinator of some kind. You could try Priceline for better hotel prices. We used them for the first time in March of this year and paid about half of the rack rate at the Hyatt. I think you could easily do a nice wailea hotel, say the Prince or maybe the Renaissance for about 140/night plus tax and resort fees. Check out www.bidding for travel.com first. It is great and I tell everyone about it. Good Luck and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM

I just checked bidding for travel and it seems that the Sheraton in Kaanapali is selling right now through Priceline for about 140 to 145/night. That would put you right under your budget after taxes and resort fees. Prople have booked until Sept at this price. Fyi
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:25 PM
GoTravel

Keep in mind that a lot of wedding 'coordinators' will not do your wedding without charging a fairly good fee or use of the hotel's catering services.

I would check into pastorwendi's info and see if you can't have something in a public park/beach. Good luck!