Reload this Page >

Getting from SNA to Ontario

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:46 AM
Paul

Aha, thanks for all the help so far, this should be my last question. It seems I will not have a ride out from John Wayne Airport to my hotel in Ontario, and was wondering if anyone knew a cheap way to get there. The cheapest airport shuttle is $39 through SuperShuttle. The hotel had no good suggestions, so that avenue was checked. Any help would be appreciated, I would not mind taking a bus if I could figure out which to take.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:49 AM
LA

I think the Super Shuttle will be your best choice. I can't even imagine trying to figure out buses for this type of distance and across a few counties, especially with luggage. My only other suggestion would be to see if you could somehow get to a Metrolink station near the airport and then take connections to Ontario. Public transportation is not a typical way of getting around the Southland, so you would likely use up an entire day of your travel time getting to your hotel.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:18 AM
Can't Figure

Why don't you fly into Ontario to start with?

Can't Figure

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:54 AM
Paul

HAHA, flying into SNA was 100 dollars cheaper than ONT or LAX at the time. I just love United's unique pricing system...
I agree with the shuttle being the best way, a lot less hassle in the end, but you never know.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
not

I guess the $100 savings in the flight cost will now be eaten up with shuttle service costs (39 each way plus tip).

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:13 AM
Paul

Not at all, it was 100 dollars, and I have a ride back and I may have a pick up there as well. So many trolls on these boards, glad that this is the first time to see them reply to one of my posts.