get to ron jons resort to disney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how to get to places from ron jons resort without car.is there a trolly or buss from there.also to old town.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:46 AM

Only been in Orlando a few times, not sure about Ron Jons, but here are phone info from www.ronjons.com 888-933-3030; 321-784-4922

Here are some links:

Trolley:
http://www.internationaldriveorlando...de_trolley.htm

The trolley does stop at RonJon Surf Shop 5160 International Dr. (407-481-2555)

Area Bus Service:
http://www.golynx.com/

Please spend time to make your questions much more specific ... it really is hard to understand what it is you're looking for. Good luck.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 10:50 AM

sandylief, your question is very confusing where exactly are you trying to get to/from? Ron Jons resort is in Cocoa Beach and there is no bus/trolley that will get you to disney, it is 60 miles away. And what old town are you talking about?
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

sorry for confussing everyone!my sister and i are gonna try and go to orlando we are in are late 50s.friends will drop us of there for a week from iowa.so we have to find a place to stay where we can get around and see things.we dont want to drive.we picked a couple places to stay then found out there old and musty,dont know where to stay or how to get around.only want to see one theme park thats disey then see a white beach everglass,sites.this is are first time with out husbands and children kinda scary lolo thanks for all your help!tytyty sandy
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 01:25 PM

Sandy - based on some of your postings, I guess you've found some info. I went to Orlando 2 or 3 yrs ago in Jan, and rented a car from near the airport. However, I stayed at a hotel on International Drive, and didn't use the car for the next three days, as the I-Drive Trolley got me everywhere I wanted to go. But eventually I had planned to go to KSC and drove there. Good public transportation is sorely lacking in Florida. As far as I know, there's nothing near DisneyWorld area hotels like the I-Drive trolleys, and I don't think any I-Drive area hotels have free shuttle to WDW, altho many do to Universal.

As you mention the beach and Everglades, perhaps taking Amtrak to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area would suffice for getting to a beach location, and having Everglades nearby. There might be tours available from hotels (I wouldn't count on it tho) or again, rent a car while in a southern city.

The golynx bus routes & schedules look like a good choice, but I've read both in this website and others that they are not so great ... I only used one and it was ontime. Good luck.

Mears Transportation can get you between various Orlando attractions, and the airport ... I'd assume to the Amtrak or Greyhound station as well. If either of you drive, the best bet would be to rent a car to get to the beach