Gershwin Theatre Wicked seating...help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a chance to buy 2 tickets to see Wicked-Row D, left orchestra for a Sat night in June. These seats are 11&12, so they are the two beside the wall. I have never been in the Gershwin. Will these provide a full view? And is Wicked a great show worth paying a premium price for tix?
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Wicked is a great show. But when you say premium price do you mean more expensive seats from the box office - or a scalper that's asking $300 per?

Separately, don;t know how often you get to the theater - but I won't take seats that far to the side in any theater.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM

The far side of the stage nearest to you will probably be a bit obstructed. I would definitely not pay more than face value for these tickets (but than again, I wouldn't for any tickets).
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM

First of all, if the tickets you mention are the ones selling for a premium price, I would say, "Don't buy them! They're lousy seats!" If you're talking about different seats, then read on!
To me, the first criterion in determining whether you should buy premium seats is: Can you afford them?
As much as we love the theater and as often as we go, my wife and I would never spend that kind of money for tickets, as it's not within our budget.
If you pass that "test," then the next question is: How much do you want to see the show? No one can advise you on that one. Only you can make that determination.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Neopolitan

I could interpret your question about "is Wicked a great show worth paying a premium price. . .?" as suggesting you don't have a firm reason or desire to see this show. And if you pay a lot you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. In other words, are you likely to be thinking "we really paid a lot for these tickets, this show better be good"? Unless you already have some burning desire to see the show and this is the only way you can do it, I'd suggest you pass on paying higher than the usual "hundred" dollars per ticket for these seats, which really aren't very good.