Gatlinburg Help!!!

Sep 11th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Mark

Gatlinburg Help!!!

What are the best hotels to stay at in Gatlinburg? I have heard the Park Vista, Holiday Inn Sunspree, and any of the Best Westerns. Does anyone have any other suggestions or heard good/bad things about these hotels??? I have heard that the Park Vista and Holiday Inn are far from town? True/Untrue??? Help!

Sep 11th, 2002, 11:33 AM
deb

I was just checking on the Sunspree this am. They take pets!! So does the low-budget Microtel right off the Parkway.

There are lots of choices out there for all budgets...Clarion is very nice-on Parkway down close to Burning Bush restaurant and the entrance to the Park.

Holiday Inn Sunspree is not too far from the action. You couls get a room at one of the hotels right on the main drag...pull up Gatlinburg hotels on Google and d a search.

You might want to consider the road running along the creek near the new aquarium...you can get a room right on the water there(complete with fireplace in many cases).

Wheverever you stay, you MUST eat try the "bountiful breakfast" at the Buring Bush and don't neglect a visit to Applewood in Pigeon Forge...great apple fritters and large portions served family style.

Oh so touristy, but great family fun!

Sep 11th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Buster

Ritz Carlton downtown, near the Smoky Mtn, gate.

Sep 11th, 2002, 11:43 AM
bryarsmom

We've been to Gatlinburg many times...where the heck do you get a Ritz Carlton on the Parkway?

Too rich for that little town...but everyone loves G. and Pigeon Forge!

Applewood...yum!

Sep 11th, 2002, 12:15 PM
atl

Reark Vista-not too close to downtown but they do have a trolly sop in fron of their hotel.Located at 705 Cherokee Orchard Rd. 1-800-421-PARK for more info.They do take pets I believe.

Sunspree seems your better value and location...2 indoor pools/1 outside, few restaurants and located near aquarium and 5 blks from downtown.

Unless you're staying at a local hotel within walking distance of downtown, you must pay to park (usually about $5. for the day in public parking lots-so if you're gonna spend alot of time there, book nearby. What's the point finding a good deal hotel, say, in Pigeon Forge and then have to pay each day to park visiting Gatlinburg? Bummer.

Sep 11th, 2002, 12:48 PM
randa

According to the "Unofficial Guide to the Smokies", the top-ranked hotels in Gatlinburg include: Park Vista, Bearskin Lodge, Fairfield, Riverhouse at the Park, and Best Western Zoders.
Do NOT go to any of the other Best Westerns other than Zoders, as they're pretty shabby.

Sep 11th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Marc

The Park Vista is excellent, the views outstanding, you want for nothing except proximity to downtown Gatlinburg. It's a tad off the beaten path and the hotel operates a shuttle to downtown every half hour from 8 am to 11 pm. I most highly Recommend Best Western Zoder's Inn...it is priced competitively with other hotels in Gatlinburg and has some "outdoors" with many rooms over a rushing mountain stream. Zoder's boasts indoor and outdoor pools, free breakfast and wine and cheese in the evenings, plus a handball court and exercise area. The rooms are well decorated and maintained. My trip to the Smokies isn't complete without a stay at Zoder's.

Sep 12th, 2002, 03:10 PM
RM

Another vote for the Park Vista. I Have stayed there twice. I specifically requested rooms near the top overlooking Gatlinburg. Get one of those rooms and you'll have a great view.

As previously stated, they run a shuttle down to the town.

RM

Sep 17th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Jill

Have you considered one of the hundreds of cabin rentals? They are fuly equipped (typically), in the woods, outdoor hot tubs, etc etc. The best way to commute with nature ... (next to camping!)

Sep 17th, 2002, 09:44 AM
x

And another vote for the Blue Ridge Ritz Carlton, a 1/2 mile west of the west gate to the Smokies, just a short distance from Bear Burgers Are Us in downtown Gatlinburg. Look for the weekend special coupon in all TN newspapers, between automotive supply and sleep aids.

Feb 19th, 2003, 04:44 PM

Dont let them fool you. The Ritz Carlton in Gatlinburg is at least 4 miles from the Bear Burgers Are Us. (They only serve bear steaks, by the way. The "burger" thing is a little southern humor.
The grat thing about the Ritz Carlton is the size of the hot tub on the deck. Everyone gathers there for sunset beers (another southern things) and "chats"...
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:53 PM

Why would you stay at a hotel there when you can get an outstanding cabin for cheap?
My brother lives near and goes there frequently. He stays in a 3 bd. 3 ba with jacuzzis inside and out, big screen, pool table, and deck looking out over the mountains for about $120 per night.
I too have stayed there with similar. Over New Year's we had the same configuration, with jacuzzis in each bathroom (jacuzzi's were about 10x8 so you could almost swim in them) and it cost $200 per night.
That is the way to go in Gatlinburg!