Reload this Page >

Downtown Hotels in Asheville

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Bob

I am looking to stay in a Hotel in downtown Asheville that is near restaurants/nightlife so we can walk. I don't want to spend a fortune. Have not been to Asheville in a long time and not sure what is there. If there are no places downtown, are there other parts of town that have restaurants near by. Not interested in little B&Bs. Have search this site and have not found much in answering my questions. THX

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:10 AM
ramjet

Go to www.ashevillechamber.org

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Austin

Hotels in downtown Asheville:

Renaissance Asheville Hotel -- Thomas Wolfe Plaza

Haywood Park Hotel -- Haywood St.

Best Western Biltmore West -- Woodfin St.

The Renaissance and Haywood Park are both luxury hotels, but worth the money, in my opinion, while the BW is in the heart of it all and is probably a lot more reasonable. The only other options near downtown are the resorts Grove Park Inn, Holiday Inn SunSpree, Inn on Biltmore Estate) and b and b's, which you said you aren't interested in. Most chain hotels and motels are clustered along Hendersonville Rd, near Biltmore Village, Tunnel Rd near the Asheville Mall, and Brevard Rd at Biltmore Square Mall, although there are some along Patton Ave/Smoky Park Hwy, on the west side of the spaghetti junction, not on the downtown side.

If you don't like the downtown options, your best bet is to go with Tunnel Rd because there's more to do there than on Hendersonville or Brevard roads, although the Hendersonville Rd motels are closer to downtown than those on Tunnel Rd, and it's easier to get to downtown from Hendersonville Rd than Tunnel.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:28 PM
xxx

We love the Haywood Park. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are awesome.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 08:11 AM
danna

I've stayed at both Best Western and Rennaissance before, seems I never paid over $100. (although I have also been quoted over $100 there and left) They are both within easy walking of the good bars and restaurants. I think time of year makes a lot of difference and unfortunately this is the bad time! Although all the leaves were still green this weekend, the leaf peepers had raised the prices. I was quoted $109 at a run-down Ramada motel way out Tunnel Road and eventually stayed at Mountaineer Inn...quaint w/ charming owner at desk, but very, very basic for $75. (When my house is 45 minutes away I get really cheap about hotel rooms)

Haywood Park would be the closest to the action, but I have never been quoted less than $175.

Have fun. Do you need restaurant rec?