Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
In a few weeks I'll be meeting up with several friends from different areas of the US and we're staying at one of the Riverwalk hotels, the Contessa. Several years back, we did a girls trip in Scottsdale, AZ and it was an unexpected BLAST. For instance, we ended up at one of the hip-hop clubs til the week hours, and another night at a great tapas restaurant where they pulled us up on stage to do dance lessons with live music etc etc. We stayed at the W there and the nightlife at the hotel was amazing too. We'll be in San Antonio for this trip, and are looking for a similar totally fun experience - anything goes. I realize San Antonio and Scottsdale are two totally different places, and we are open to recommendations for places with a fun atmosphere and great food (but doesn't have to be on the super pricey side or anything like that). We'll have a rental car if need be.

Restaurant recommendations?
What about night life - we figured maybe even one of the western country music clubs since we'll be in TX?
What about anything fun to do daytime? Weather should be nice and in the 70's hopefully.

Basically just looking for suggestions for a really fun group of friends while in San Antonio for a 4-day weekend Thanks!
Old Apr 27th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Jumper22, I'm curious how your trip was and what you did. I'm headed to San Antonio with a group of my high school girlfriends next month and would love to hear about your trip!
Old May 10th, 2015, 07:10 AM

I used to live in San Antonio. Where are you guys staying? On the Riverwalk? My favorite place for drinks / Mexican food is Betos on Broadway, but it's a bit of a drive from downtown.