FT MYERS - CHRISTMAS

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 07:51 AM
angie

FT MYERS - CHRISTMAS

Hey everyone! I will be traveling to florida for the 1st time over Christmas to Ft Myers Beach. Has anyone stayed at or know anything about Silver Sands Villas? Also, are there any quirky little things locals do for Christmas that I should try? Like rent a snow making machine? Thanks in advance for your help!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:41 PM
sara

TTT
I will be there at Christmas too! Maybe if noone answers us we can do something together!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 03:48 AM
linda

They used to have a "Christmas Cruise" where everyone decorated their boats and went through the channels. It was a riot. Don't miss the Edison House- they have it decorated for Christmas and have different activities each day- carolers, etc.
Since my parents lived there 20 years, we always found crazy things going on. There's a fellow who lives off 41 a bit south of Daniels Rd who has animated decorations over his whole yard. You walk around...sign a log book, there are people there from all over.My kids begged to go yearly. I'm sure you can find him!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 03:59 AM
linda

Okay I remember. The one we saw was called the "Boat-a-Long" in Cape Coral. (just north of Ft My) It was really comical- palm trees on top of boats- Santa bikinis...crazy. Mom said there are several of these around Ft Myers in different places. The Festival of Lights is at Edison...lots of various activities. Hope you have great weather- you might have a chilly day or two, but usually you'll get some warm days.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Duane

Welcome Angie,
We don't do snow making machines. Most of us moved here to get away from them :~)

The boats are really cool. It is a tradition in Cape Coral. There are a few others around, but that is the biggest.

Linda, the place you are talking about is about 1/2 mile from my house. He has already started, actually I think he starts in early Ocotber so he can get all the stuff up.

Enjoy your stay. If you have any questions, just post them an we'll try to answer.
Duane

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 02:57 PM
ron

the Silver Dands is right next to the Beached Whale bar. Stop in between 3-6 and have 1/2 priced chicken wings or raw oysters.
I am also going to be there at xmas, staying at HoJo's. Let me know more of what your interested in. It won't seem like xmas. I have been there several times.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Patrick

The Festival of lights in Ft. Myers is pretty special, but unfortunately that takes place in February, not at Christmas.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:17 PM
angie

thanks again everyone! I am leaving in 5 weeks and I am so excited! Ron- I almost stayed at HoJos cause it looked so cool on the web, but decided on Silver Sands. Will definitely check out the bar but no raw oysters.. hey I did read that the bar at HoJos has been voted best margarita or something.. I will definitely stop by!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Ron

The bar at HoJo's has shooters at sunset. It is the best place to watch the beach,it is small and upstairs.
Also go the smallest Hooters. The best breakfast you'll ever get is at Reese's.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 07:39 PM
sara

I'm excited too!!!!! Less than a month to go now... I can't wait!!!! Where are some good clubs? Times Square? I'm in the mmod to party!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Ron

Hey Angie and Sara- it looks like you both are looking for a good time. The Lanikai usually has music for the young crowd. How old are you gals? The Beached Whale has bands some nights.
Times Square is mainly shops and restraunts.
We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale-driving down to Key West for 4 days, Key West is the craziest place ever. Then going to Ft. Myers Beach for 3 nights and 4 nights in Ft. Lauderdale.
Can't wait!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:39 PM
angie

I know I am very excited. Will kinda miss a white Christmas though. I'm old (31), lol but Sara sounds like she is ready to go. I decided to leave my friends in Ft Myers for a couple of days to go to Key West...heard it will be warmer there. You sound like a cutie Ron...single?

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:58 PM
sara

18 more days until I leave!!! Whoohoo!
Please keep the sunshine for me! Any more ideas for some fun in the sun over the holiday? Angie & Ron - see you there!

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:32 PM
sara

Less than 2 weeks to go! I will buy the first few rounds if ya want to meet up somewhere! Does anyone know a cheap place to rent jet skis???? Thanks!

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Byron

I keep reading in some travel books every once in a while about taking a trolley to one end of the island... Is there a trolley that travels the entire length of Estero Island? What is the scoop? I have never been to Fort Myers but will be there for Christmas as well. Any ideas for Christmas Dinner?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:22 PM
sara

One week to go! I still don't know where I am eating Christmas Dinner so that would be helpful if anyone has any ideas!

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 05:47 PM
sara

SERIOUSLY-where can a hungry girl get Christmas Dinner????

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 10:19 AM
angie

Sara-
We are leaving friday and I am excited too! We have tickets at a dinner theatre christmas night so we won't be eating out really. Other than that I plan on making a big brunch! Hope you find someplace to eat.. I'm sure stuff will be open! Have a great time!