ft myers area accommodations - HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so disappointed we had to cancel our trip this week to Naples/HOtel Escalante.

I need to be in Florida now in West Palm for business the end of Feb and afterwards driving down to to Ft Myers area to be near some relatives. We don't want to stay with them and inconvenience them, so I need some help of where there would be a nice resort or boutique hotel to stay not far from Ft Myers. We also will be looking to invest or possibly move down there, so we will be looking at real estate during part of our stay for a week down there.

Any suggestions of area to look for real estate where to stay would greatly be appreciated..We are mid 50's not looking for a lot of nightlife but still not into over 55_ area.

Thanks so much.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:38 AM

I suggest you check in the Ft. Myers News Press website www.news-press.com under their section for visitors and tourism and information on various areas and cities that might help you in deciding where to look for a place to live. It gives a thumbnail description of the average ages and incomes of Ft. Myers, Estero, Bonita, etc.

As far as where to stay while here, you didn't mention which area of Ft. Myers your relatives live. Maybe they can help with the name of a nearby hotel.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

to Mamajo:

My cousins are on a cruise for the next week or so, that is why I can't ask them. I don't know where in Ft. Myers they live. We don't need to be very close to where they are 30 min or so would be fine.

Bonita Bay looks like a nice area. Any comments on the resort there?
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 05:47 AM

Hyatt Coconut Pointe in Bonita is supposed to be very nice. Some condos on Ft myers beach are nice too,,Edgewater Beach Resort, is one of them. Judy
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 05:52 AM

I think you'll find little argument that your best real estate investment is probably going to be between Naples and Ft. Myers -- Bonita, Estero areas. That is if you are in a medium price range $200,000 to $750,000 for a villa or condo.

With that in mind, I'd seriously look at The Hyatt Coconut Pointe Resort in Estero.

I'm familiar with the Edgewater Beach Resort in Naples, Judyrem. Is there one by that name in Ft. Myers Beach as well?
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 06:06 AM

Sorry Patrick, too many margaritas last night ;-)....Estero Pointe condos are nice for a few days on the Ft Myers beach. Parick is right about the area between Naples and FT Myers,,,very desirable IMO. Seems the domegraphics would be good for you....just don't pick Cape Coral...no good restaurants!!!!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Patrick: I was hoping you would be online. You helped with the Escalante.

Hotel is the dilema now. Cousins can help also with location of real estate.

I saw Lover's Key resort and Hilton Garden Inn in Ft. Myers. Please rate.
We want a nice room, clean doesn't have to be on a beach because we'll be very busy during the day. Want a nice location under $200/night. The resort you mentioned in Bonita Springs is "booked"....for my dates.

Thanks to all who are responding!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 06:38 AM

I have to be honest, I'm not that familiar with Ft. Myers any more. Isn't the Hilton near the airport?

What about the Trianon Hotel right at Bonita Bay -- lovely rooms and convenient location for the Bonita, Estero area? Nice restaurants near by also -- eat at Roy's, a short walk. www.trianon.com
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 06:47 AM

Hilton Gardens Inn is right across from the Barbara Mann theater. You could always try the BellTower area on 41, there is a Holiday Inn and a Residence Inn and you could always walk to BellTower shops and restaurants(which are very good BTW). Judy
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Patrick/Judyrem:

thanks for you suggestions, there is one more I would like to ask about and then we'll make our decision.I saw "Lovers Key Beach & Resort" online and it got very good reports from "Trip Advisor and now we thought it may be nice to have a nice water view and be near the beach for some relaxation...

Are you familiar with this resort?We also liked the Edison Point Condos you suggested.

thanks again