Reload this Page >

Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Search

Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 10:03 AM
K

Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Where is the better place to stay for 2 single women 30's. looking for great beach and nightclubs. Ft Lauderdale or Miami South beach? Any recommendations for mid-range hotels with a pool?

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:20 PM
kit

South Beach, hands down.

Old May 10th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Will

South Beach. Try to stay in SoBe. That would be at least south of 20th. There are many many art deco hotels. Loews is very nice.

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:31 AM
Stephanie P.

I am 37 and prefer to stay in the Ft. L. area. I stay 5 miles north @ Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. There is a local watering hole in that town called Mulligans. The motels/hotels are less expensive in Ft. area and Miami is only 26 miles south. Miami is way too big, although a very attractive city, but it is so easy to get to, why not stay a little north in case you want some peace and quiet? Also, if you want mid-range you'd have to stay just north of South Beach. South Beach can be expensive and really I would suggest staying there if you were to choose Miami. If you are going in summer, and through September, you can get some good deals as it is low season. Check out the Beachcomer and a place called Lily. There are Art Deco type hotels for blocks. I'd say South Beach is considered anything from 14th Street and Collins and below in numbering, until you get to 1st Street. If you like to party, check out the Cleveland (art deco hotel.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:25 AM
X

I live in Miami and love the new (little over 2 yrs old) South beach Marriott located between 1st and 2nd streets on Ocean Drive. Nice Rooms, Nice Hotel, Nice Pool! It is located right on the beach (well, right on the beach for Miami standards). We had our wedding reception there on a terrace ovelooking the water. It is an Awesome place with a nice south beach feel!