French quarter hotels

Search

French quarter hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
French quarter hotels

Hi all, looking for a nice hotel in or extremely near, the french quarter and bourbon street. So far I have found Le Pavilion and the Omni to be comparably priced. Any ideas between the two?

Also any other hotels in the area which may be a little less expensive than those two that you might recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:21 AM

I would try Priceline for a New Orleans Hotel. 4* hotels can be won for about $50. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com if you have never used Priceline.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Dan

Le Pavillon is several blocks from the Quarter. Other consider it okay for walking to/from the Qtr but I think it's a bit far removed from where you'd want to be. Just an opinion there.

The Omni is nice. Take it. Great location, too.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 01:28 PM

There are two Omni hotels in New Orleans, the Omni Royal Orleans and the Omni Royal Crescent. I assume you're asking about the Omni Royal Orleans, which has a wonderful reputation and is in a great French Quarter location. Its sister property doesn't get as good reviews.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 02:57 PM

For a smaller property (an 1800's mansion), look at the Lafitte Guest House, located on the quiet end of Bourbon Street in the quarter. Beautiful, great service and well located.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM
lls

We stayed at the French Quarter Omni last summer and it was wonderful. The location was ideal, the service was spectacular and the hotel itself was beautiful. The room was not huge but most New Orleans rooms are small compared to many other cities. Nice amenities including milk & cookie turndown service. Lovely rooftop pool with a bar and beautiful views. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Have fun!
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:01 PM

We really enjoyed the Dauphine Orleans in the quarter, one block over parallel to Bourbon. Had lovely rooms & was short walking distance to everything. www.dauphineorleans.com
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, the Dauphine is on our list now too.

As for priceline, I love it and use it all of the time, but wan't sure with a place as small as the french quarter if the hotel would end up being close enough... anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks for the clarification on the omni too.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Looks like I could get the french quarter marriot for about $50 a night on priceline.

This is way cheaper than the others, and the hotel is supposedly 4 star. Anybody stayed there? I figure that the ambiance won't be quite as good, but for $100 less a night, we could really live it up...
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Marriott is nothing great. The rooms are ordinary. NO is much more fun in other places.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Do try the Omni Royal. We found the rooms to be large and the staff, particularly the concierge went out of their way for us. Location is great. You can walk to most everything you want to see and do in the French Quarter, including restaurants.

Enjoy, what a fun time you will have!

Jean