Search

Freaky Friday Rants & Raves Feb. 10th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday Rants & Raves Feb. 10th

Rant: Another blizzard on its way.

Rave: I like blizzards but I don't tell anyone around here for fear of being banished by the village thought police!

Rant: Squirrels who chew the top off of the bird feeder.

Rave: "Airline" is back on Tuesday nights on A&E.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:11 PM

STOP>>> just take a second and explain this post to me....i'm so confused
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Rant: A Nor'easter is on the way with a potential for 10+ inches of snow and blizzard conditions! Unlike jorr, I don't enjoy blizzards, lol!

Rave/Rant: A weekend get-a-way is planned. Now debating whether we should come home a day early because of the weather...in any case, we are taking the train!

Super Rave: DH's bonus!

Rave: A room upgrade! My husband called the hotel to confirm our room reservation in NYC for the weekend and the hotel manager recognized his name -- seems that this fellow has spent some time in Houston as well as the LGA Marriott location. I swear the DH's got another family somewhere that I don't know about, lol!

Rant: People who feel threatened by the abilities of others and behave unreasonably. Big mistake.

Rave: Last weekend's visit with the sons was great -- played a new game called "Spy Alley"...lots of fun. Enjoyed watching the Super Bowl with them too.

CAPH, thinking of you and your DH. I hope your trip planning is working out. Did you ever resolve your B&B dilemma?

PM, miss you around here. Is your upcoming trip to the UK business or pleasure?

JJ5, hang in there

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend. Stay warm!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Ani

Wow-this is reallllly early-GO Jorr!
RAVE: Its snowing!!!!! Yes, I live in Colorado, it is mid-Feb and we are having our 2nd snow of the year....woohoo!

RAVE: I've got a 22 month old...she learns 5 new words every day and has a crazy funny personality-there is no way it can get better than this! (yet i know it will).

RANT: I have a 22 month old. 5:30 till bedtime is...unfun.

and finally...
RAVE: DH and I are still dead set on Italy for our 10th anniversary (in 2 years. Yes, please!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Ani

Oh, and one more thing, since I seem to have the floor:
I just finished our scrapbook from our 9/2205 UK trip and I am DYING...DYING... to be there right now.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:28 PM

ok...duh???

Rave...when it is Friday, it should be raining in Texas...and we need it

Rant..Gray's Anatomy continued AGAIN

Rant..Dallas Mavericks killed Miami (Mr. Shaq O'Neal) Heat tonite..
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM

oh geez...i got my rants and raves screwed up...Mavericks win..definitely a RAVE!!!!!!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM

RAVE: The nice people on this board.

Bigger RAVE: The ones you meet in person and find they are even nicer in person!

Rant: prices for hotels are sky high everywhere and going higher!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM

Rave: Bright sunny warm day in Portland Or.
Rave: Pup went to his new vet. Pup is fine.
Rave: I have been told to find a Pup sitter, a Trip needs to be planned...yesssir!!!
Rant-ish: Baby girl had head CAT scanned.
We keep telling her it will be empty, not to worry
Fingers crossed for just that-empty!

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM

Rant: It is like 60 degrees and windy here in Honolulu. We are FREEZING! I definitely need a down comforter tonight!

Rave: lcuy's big help in personal, business, and travel.

Rave: I bought a new coffee maker with a timer, so I can now literally wake up and smell the coffee. Thanks to my travel friends at TOP, I also sprinkle cinnamon in the coffee grounds before brewing. The smell is incredible!!

Rave: My cousin sent me an early valentine's card today. I'm so touched that she thought of me!!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:25 PM

Raves: There IS a sun that rises out here in the Pacific North West!

Moved into new apt and all is put in it's place..15 minutes closer to work

Gas at my Costco still $1.99 a gallon

Daughter turned 3 last week and the binky is history! Her wonderful new Dr. helped convince her to "put it away" Very healthy,although she's only in the 17th percentile for height.

No rants,but I can't believe the wind gusts right now! I;m glad I have no big trees to do damage right near me!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM

klr, we live in the Pearl , the wind is whistling around the corners of this building right now, so loudly!!
But wasn't it a Grand Day ?!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:51 PM

Yes, Scarlett,it has been beautiful the last few days!Hadn't had good views of Hood or Helen's in a while. Absolutely stunning pink and orange skies last night at sunset! BF moved here last week,and we got to do a little touring around Tues and Wed. We will hit your neck of the woods next Tues or Wed if weather stays decent!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 01:19 AM

Rave: I"m with MelissaHI, timers on coffeemakers are the BEST!

Rave: Have arranged for a couple of quick trips to NYC in the coming months.

Rant: Snow coming this weekend and it is NOT a weekend that my husbamd will be home--I hate shoveling!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:01 AM
P_M

Rant: I missed last week's R&R's.

Rave: I was missed. Thanks, stw!!

Rave: I got the 4* Thistle Marble Arch in London for $60/night on Priceline!! YIPPEE!! I'll be in London 4 nights, then off to Madeira for a wedding. (It's a pleasure trip, stw)

Rave: It's supposed to be cold and rainy in Austin this weekend. This is a rave because we need rain, and we need some cold weather so there won't be so many bugs in the spring.

I look forward to catching up with everyone's R&Rs tonight.

Happy weekend all!!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:02 AM

Jorr, there are squirrel-proof feeders that do work. I have a large metal bird feeder with an adjustable tension bar so when they put their grubby little paws on it the door to the food closes. Of course, somehow they managed to pull up a neighboring branch that allows them to sit and eat like a cow at a trough. Personally, I like the squirrels for the cheap entertainment they provide so I have a separate feeder for them. Also, I like the skunk living under the deck so I feed him to--our neighbors are less than thrilled with me ;-)
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:10 AM

Rave: ExxonMobil, the most profitable American company ever! Thanks for the dividend check.

Rant: People who complain about gas prices. Hey guys, it's called capitalism!

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:14 AM

Rant: Heartbreaking, awful, burnings of country churches in our area! The closest is just about 25 miles away.
But there are many federal, state, and local lawmen here, determined to find those responsible.

Rave: The ministerial association in our little town, thanks to many donations, was able to buy and deliver a new 15-passenger van to Waveland, Mississippi.

Our town has "adopted" Waveland, which was destroyed in Katrina. The van, requested by Waveland authorities, will be used for much-needed transportation of the residents.

Rave: Off to Birmingham to see two grandchildren in a performance of "101 Dalmations-the Musical" at their school. Grandson is "Lucky," and granddaughter is the Nanny.

Should be a high point in the history of drama!

Rant? Rave? Believe it or not, we have possible snow flurries forecast for tonight!

Happy weekend, everybody!

Byrd

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:50 AM

Rant: I still don't have ANY vacation plans. Planning isn't the problem, the cost is!

Rave: I'm working on a few days away in April. It will probably be Toronto (for the 800th time). Maybe Cleveland, but that doesn't excite me. No offense to Cleveland, but I live in Buffalo and, well.....

Rant: I thought my heat bill was sky high, but now my water bill....YIKES! No wonder I have no vacation money this year.

Rave: My SIL may rent a house in Cape Cod again this year and if she does....we're invited!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Rave: Husband, son, and I are all healthy and that's the most important thing of all!

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. Scarlett, keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
bonniebroad

RAVE (this saying .... sent from my friend in Scotland this morning):

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! What a ride!"

RAVE: Olympics ceremonies tonight. So excited, love to watch the winter sports!

Jorr, I have to admit that I'm one of those people who likes rainy days, snow storms, yadda yadda. People look at me funny ... but I make soup, build a fire and LOVE it! So ... enjoy your blizzard!

RAVE: The fight that Carolina gave Duke this week!!! We lost, but only by three, and this young freshman team is going to burn up the NCAA by this time next year, I'll bet!

RANT: Trying to stay on my healthy eating plan this time of year ... I love to EAT when it's chilly outside!

Byrd, enjoy your time with the grandchildren! I will leave next weekend to spend a whole week in New England with my DGD, 8 years old ... Nothing is more fun!

Seetheworld, I understand your comment regarding people who resent other's abilities and successes ... especially sad when it's within the same family!

Scarlett, many good wishes for your DD! When I had to have a head scan, my DH assured me they would find nothing in there! What would we do without our sense of humor????

Have a wonderful weekend, fellow Fodorites!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -