Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 26 Nov

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, has the thread been deleated or am I the first one up this AM?

Rave: First grandchild due in July '05!

Rant: Older son, daughter and I are cleaning out the Dallas house this w/e. Nearly 25 years worth of "junk".

Rave: Recent "pop" in the market.

Rant: Probably a "bubble" and time to take some profits.

Rant: Weak USD, higher interest rates and looming residential real estate price declines in many areas.

Feliz fin de semana.

M

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:51 AM

Am I first? A rave then!!!! No Rants today!
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:56 AM

Rave: A nice Thanksgiving holiday with my family.

Rant: The last one for awhile as my brother ships out for Iraq next month and my nephew begins a 5 year hitch in the Marines.

Rant: That most people don't have a better understanding of basic economics. When you have interest rates as low as they've been since the late 1950's and though your currency is weak you've managed to avoid staggering inflation, that's viewed as a bad thing. Anyone who believed that interest rates weren't going to eventually rise when the average Fed Funds rate for 2003 was as low as it's been since the late 1940's, is failing to grasp the big picture.

Rave: That we have so many patriotic citizens who will do their duty and defend our country, despite having left active duty 10 to 20 years ago. They represent the best of our nation.

Rant: That we're recalling 53 year old pilots who haven't flown since 1985, that recruiting is down 30% for the year, and this isn't being viewed as a problem, by some.
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:03 AM
bonniebroad

RAVE: Two more pounds off! 28 pounds total in five months! JOY HERE!

RAVE: Wonderful friends and family to share the good things with, on days like yesterday.

RAVE: Our wonderful military personnel who defends and preserves all the things we rave about.

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:20 AM
dcespedes

Congratulations, Bonniebroad!!!

Rave: Chilly, fall weather

Rant: Overwhelmed with thoughts of all that needs to be done by Christmas

Rave: Thank goodness for The Power of the Now

Rant: Living so far away from family for so long now it feels as though we've become out of sight out of mind

Rave: Friends

Enjoy a nice weekend everyone! >-

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:40 AM
cd

RAVE A great Anniversary Weekend in Niagara Falls Canada and Niagara On The Lake!
RAVE A wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Rave--Had a great day yesterday with family that came from CA as well as family that live here in OR. We hosted the day and it was a lot of fun.

Rant--Drank a tad too much. Tasted good at the time though! lol!

Rave--Got up early and went to one store this morning for a gift. Was back home before 6:30 even!

Rave--Heading to Seattle for the marathon! Can't wait...it will be my 4th time doing this one.

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Mike, I can relate to the "25 year cleanout" before moving. I got that fun job with my mother's home this past spring. :-<

Way to go, Bonnie! Keep up the great work. =D>

Good luck, mms!

Rave: It's Friday!

Rave: DH is off today and tomorrow, so we can finally spend some time together after hardly seeing one another all week.

Rave: My mom's DH is out of the hospital and doing well.

Rave: Found out yesterday that my DH will be off for Christmas in 2005.

Rave: Cooler weather here lately.

Rant: Ten hour work days with the holiday season approaching. But, it does mean more money for travel, right?

Rant: Only four hours sleep last night and I feel like my head might hit the keyboard at any moment.

Rant: No turkey day leftovers.

Rave: No turkey day leftovers.

Rave: Our wonderful troops who are doing so much overseas.

Rant: The fact that they are away from their loved ones during this holiday season.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:57 AM

Happy Day After

Rave: Yesterday was perfect! Food, family, everything!
Rave: The scale surprised me this morning by being unchanged, a Good Thing
Rave: bonnies scale keeps going down down down~
Rave: Sirius radio LOL
mms...Go Go go You are my hero, I am starting to run again and cannot imagine a marathon longer than down to the end of my block ....
Rant: I really have nothing to complain about but I will share a disappointment.
Everyone gets slammed on these boards now and then or finds some sort of nasty stalker attached to them. I can get over that. But I recieved an obscene email from a poster because of something I said on a thread. So I have taken my email address off the boards, to protect my peace of mind from people like r_b.

Now go out and Shop !! Christmas is ONE MONTH away!!!
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 07:28 AM

Rave! Headed to the Fodor GTG in Yountville. Yea!

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 07:44 AM

Rave:I am a proud Navy wife! Rant: It's snowing! Rave: It's snowing! Rant: Iam computer illiterate! Rave: More family coming today! Rant: Have to cook T-giving dinner all over again today for another 14 people. Rave: Only three more weeks 'till family trip to NYC!
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:03 AM

Rave for Bonnie! Can I borrow some of your determination?

Rave: My friend's dad who was diagnosed w/terminal cancer is feeling good and was with us for Thanksgiving...he's defying medical science!!!

Rant: I ate like a pig yesterday

Rave: I enjoyed every morsel!

Rant/Rave: We've survived the last 4wks. since losing our baby. I should be 6mo. pregnant right now. But I'm not and I get out of bed every morning and try to find at least one thing to smile about.

Rave: My husband is off and we have the whole weekend to spend together.
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:11 AM

Rave: I'm proud of you also nynynvywife and all other military spouses. It's amazing how you hold families together during long deployments.

rave: turn 71 tomorrow

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:15 AM

Rave: Our trip to Portland and the Oregon Coast was perfect, but way too short. I'll post a report later next week about our trip!

Rave: Very nice Thanksgiving with family and friends. I ate waaay too much pumpkin and chocolate pie, tho.

Rant: DS is snowboarding for the next two days. I'm worried sick about another shoulder dislocation after two surgeries. I can't wait until he gets back home safely.

Rave: His best buddy is home from the Air Force for a couple of days. He's thrilled to see him.

Rave: Christmas is around the corner, I'll start decorating today and we get our tree up from the mountains tomorrow. Have a nice weekend! ***kim***
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Rave: Forgot one rave: Next weekend we're going to Santa Barbara for our anniversary weekend. We're staying at the Harbor View Inn, I can't wait!! Dinners at Olie e Limone and the Wine Cask and a lunch at Sage & Onion. ***kim***
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Rave:a warm and very comfortable Thanksgiving with family& the great feeling that comes with knowing the Grandparents are enjoying every moment.

Rant:the kids are getting older. The annual roughhousing was cut short in favor of playing the electric keyboard.

Rave:Fodor's Yountville GTG today.

Rant:First have to straighten the house for the housecleaner.

Rantig hospital strike next week. Both sides are really going over the top with demands and with uniuon busting.It's only going to be very ugly.

Rave:these are my worries
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

As a follow along:

Rant: So many young folks in Harm's Way.

Rant: Ryan's ongoing schizo (familia vs others) comments re: US military. When and where did you serve, mi amigo?
Your repeated howling sounds like most of the US Gov't Employees and how they and theirs stay out of the "conflict".

Rant: Ryan's Macro comments: my sole point - the consumer driven economic growth is about to involute.

Rave: Said it before: save lots, spend little, retire early, have good genes, a healthy life style, live long, spend every dime, and enjoy each and every moment.
M
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Rave: Beautiful Thanksgiving Day and Dinner.

Rave: Today we celebrate my dear daughter's birthday.

Rave: It is not raining so the Fodorites at the Yountville GTG will have a nice day.

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 09:20 AM

Rave: a beautiful day here
rant : have to clean the house
rave: having friends over for dinner
yeah Bonnie, good luck mms.

Best wishes to your brother and nephew Ryan.
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 09:25 AM

Hey MikeMo,
I never did serve much like our esteemed VP, Speaker Hastert, Majority Whip DeLay, Wolfowitz, and Arnold/Jeb/Pataki. Are they not entitled to an opinion because of that fact?

BTW, since the elimimation of the draft, I would venture to say that approximately 1/2, if not more, the adult male population has not been in uniform.

Unlike Rush Limbaugh, however, the medical condition I developed prior to starting the ROTC program at Villanova in the fall of 1985, was a little more serious then a boil on my derrier.

In terms of the consumer economy, there are issues. However, interest rates, on a relative basis, aren't among them.

Easy access to credit, ballooning personal debt levels, a job market that has created more "mc-jobs" then real jobs and an inevitable decline in the work-age population, sure, then be worried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -