Freaky Friday Rants & Raves 2-17-06

Feb 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

Freaky Friday Rants & Raves 2-17-06

Rant: Seven below zero. Thirty below zero wind chill.

Rave: Finished weeks-long work project a few hours ago.

Rave: Making a living with the help of the internet.

Rant: People who look like quails.

Rave: The new season of Survivor and The Daily Show.

Rave: That movie about cowboys who go to Antarctica to herd gay marching penguins who have sex.
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
P_M

LOL, jorr!! Maybe he thought it was Dan Quayle?

Rave: Warm, sunny weather all week.

Rave: We saw the Pink Panther last weekend, it is a HOOT!! I thought DH would pass out from laughter. I enjoyed the scenery in Paris too.

Rave: All of my cuts and bruises have healed from my crash through the doggie-gate last week.

Rave: The scenery at the Olympics--magnificent!! I love the winter games.

Rave: DH and I had a very nice Valentine's Day and he gave me lots of chocolate-covered strawberries. ;-)

Rave: 3 day weekend!! My office is closed Monday for President's Day.

No rants this week. Happy Weekend to all!!
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
P_M

One more rave: "Pray for the Leg" thread. If there's anyone out there who hasn't read that yet, you must check it out.
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:58 PM

Hi Jorr!

Rant: We're gonna have a big wind storm tonight and tomorrow. 40-50 mph winds with gusts 60-70 mph!!! Batton down the hatches! This will all be followed by freezing temps and lake effect snow.

That's what I get for bragging about not having winter weather in the "blizzard" post.

Rave: Watching my son play soccer with his team.

Rant: My son kicks a soccer ball around the house....constantly!!!!!!!

Rave: My son. Just because.

Rant: I still don't have any vacation plans.

Rave: I sold a few items on e-bay. The $$$ will go in my vacation account. There's always hope for a summer vacation.

Rant: My alarm clock will be going off in 6 1/2 hrs. and I'm still up and goofing around on my computer.

Rave: 3 day weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:01 PM

One more rant/rave....

Rave: My husband gave me a pound of sponge candy on V-Day.

Rant: Two days later and I've managed to wolf down the entire pound. I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Moo.
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Rave: Daughters CATscan shows she actually does have a Brain!! and nothing else

NotReallyARant: We have had such great weather here in Portland but it is getting very cold and windy, big wind, like Buffalo girls wind and maybe a snow flake.

Rant/Rave: We thought pup was sick/pup is fine.((&))

Rant: That a beautiful dog was able to escape its crate and be lost at JFK
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

PM, thanks for telling me about "President's Day". One of three totally worthless "Holidays"! Yet another day that the rest of us work, and do not recieve services such as mail delivery which the check mailed to me will have to wait another day and the bank will take another day to process!
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:27 PM
bonniebroad

Rave: Good news about Scarlett's little girl!

Rave: Leaving for New England tomorrow (get to eat lobster & clams!), with an overnight in Maryland, to eat wonderful *crab stuff.* Then on to a whole week with darling granddaughter! YES!!!

Rave: UNC & NC State both won their games this week!!! Way to go, 'Heels and Wolf Pack!!!

Rave: P_M has recovered from crashing!

Buffalo, what exactly IS sponge candy???

Jorr, stop telling us about your COLD weather! Really, I am SO JEALOUS! My husband says I should go live in Alaska ...

Rant: Packing!!! Does anyone else agonize (to a ridiculous degree) over exactly what to take? I know IT DOESN'T MATTER .... but I agonize everytime!

Have a really wonderful weekend, my fellow Fodorites!

Feb 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM

Raves:
Taxes are half done. Waiting for document pertaining to sale on condo in NJ from lawyer. Looks like my move for work to WA may be able to get me out of paying tax on profit, as I only owned condo 1 1/2 yrs. My fingers are crossed, as I really can't afford to pay..banking on a refund.

Even though I'm not supposed to be mad about gas prices according to some on last weeks FFRR, it went down to 1.94 today...and I am happy!

It's been a decent weather week here,and I am thrilled that I am no longer in Jersey dealing with that snow they got!

Rant: My wonder dog, Friankie, managed to find "greenies" we had in the laundry room. Dragged bag under my bed and ate half the bag. Apparently,according to BF, I should be glad that it wasn't me walking him today!

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:43 PM

klr- Don't give your pup greenies! There have been quite a few deaths caused by pups eating those things, they don't dissolve and or they get stuck inside .. I read about it this week in the paper. If I can find it online, I will post it. But Beware of Greenies!!
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:44 PM

http://tinyurl.com/beaee

Beware of Greenies article..
Feb 17th, 2006, 01:15 AM

People who look like quails??

Raves: Scarlett's rave. I'm glad to be over the flu. Husband's prescription cost $50 instead of $200.

Rant: A dark floaty thing in his eye is bothering him.

Rant/rave: Bitterly cold wind but trees are blooming anyway.
Feb 17th, 2006, 01:53 AM

RAVE: Scarlett's news. Congratulations on the results for your daughter!
RAVE: that there's someone else who RANTS about packing. THANKS, BonnieB!! Yup, me too--doesn't matter if it's for a day or a month--it's always overwhelming. How I admire foks who can jsut toss some stuff in a bag and be done with it.
Jorr, April, and BuffaloGirl: BRRRRR !! How do you survive that cold weather with a smile? (Do I sound wimpy or what?)
BTW, Jorr, was it the penguins or the cowboys--or all- who have sex?
Anxious RANT: one of my darling doggies, previously continent inside, in the last few weeks has started leaving calling-card puddles everywhere. We got him from the Humane Society so not quite sure how old--maybe 8 yrs? I'm worried about him. His thyroid has been checked. Will read up on possible reasons..and protect the hardwood floors meanwhile.

Have a great weekend, all!!
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:05 AM

I, too, am in the Jorr, April, Buffalogirl world, so my rant should be familiar...

RANT: Predicted high of -6 for Friday. Predicted wind chill as low as -50 for Saturday. Blecch.

RAVE: Have plane and train tickets and hotel reservations in hand. 40 days to go!

RANT: My tickets are on NWA.

RAVE: Maybe if there's a strike it will do those workers some good. And maybe it will hit AFTER I arrive in Europe. ("Sorry, boss, there's just no way I can get home this week with the strike and all...")

Health to all pets and their Fodor's people. Happy Friday, everyone.
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:27 AM

Rave: Vacation begins @2:15 today--not a moment too soon. We haven't had any snow days and it pretty obvious the kids need a break (teachers too.

Rant: I am in a "funk" Don't know why or how to get out of it. Maybe vacation will help.

Rave: Scarlett's daughter's brain. I went through the same thing a few years ago and constantly joked about the "proof" that daughters brain existed rather than focusing on the other possibilities. Although she still makes me wonder sometimes.

Rave: Heading to NYC with DD and her friend for a couple of days.

Rant: That weather that others are ranting about is heading to Mass. later today.

Feb 17th, 2006, 04:57 AM

Rave: Spur-of-the-moment trip to New Orleans last weekend, the first since Katrina.

In spite of lingering signs of the storm, the French Quarter is (almost) the same.

Also the same: the Royal Sonesta and Galatoire's!

We have been going to NO for years and years, and have watched many changes. The set-backs from the storm were staggering, but the wonderful city will be back--and so will we!

Rave: Good news from Scarlett and her daughter.

Rave: Bonnie's trip to see her precious granddaughter. Keep warm and enjoy those lobsters!

Byrd

Feb 17th, 2006, 05:02 AM

Big Rave: The people on this board

Scarlett--great news! What a relief.

Bonnie--eat some lobsta for me will you?

Funny: Heard a new rendition on the radio this week of the old Aerosmith song "Janie's Got A Gun"--"Chenney's got a gun..."
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:07 AM
P_M

LOL, AnneMarie!! I'm going to record Saturday Night Live tomorrow, you know they're going to have some fun w/this.

Great news about both your babies, Scarlett.

Enjoy your trip, Bonniebroad. Yes, I agonize over packing too, but I've found that making a checklist helps.

Sorry if I've spoiled your Friday, Jorr.
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:21 AM

Rave: Quail hunting in Texas

Rave: Texas hospitals -- for after your hunting companion shoots you

Feb 17th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Rave: All Scarlett's daughter has in her head is a brain. Great news!

Rave: Fabulous weather in the islands lately. Not too hot, not too cold.

Rave: Three more weeks until Sis and I take Mom on her birthday dream trip to Rome. Gosh, it's sneaking up so fast!

Rave: A most wonderful Valentine's Day with my thoughtful husband. (blush)

Rave: It's Friday!

Have a fabulous weekend my Fodorite friends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO