Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 12-2

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rave: This is so good to be true I never thought it could really be true. There is a small town (no stop lights small) here in north central Minnesota called Ashby. They are selling prescription drugs for one tenth to one quarter the price that Wal-Mart and other "discount" stores are sell for. I ordered a drug from them for $6.75. Wal-Mart charges $73.95!!!!. and shipping will be less than $1. Its called Borg Drug. http://www.borgdrug.com. They have a detailed price list for hundreds of drugs. ><

Rant: I wish I would have known about this earlier. I would have saved about $600 per year.

Rave: I didn't get hit by the huge power outages this week.

Rave: I'm going to get my house set up for a gas powered generator so I'm not stuck in the cold if it happens here. One winter the elect. was off for four days and we had to abandon the house.

Rave: There are no generators left in my area but I found the right one on the internet which is on its way with a click of the mouse. =D>
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:36 AM

Rant: I'm up early enough to be #2! Guess my "internal alarm clock" that woke me up at 3am didn't get the message that I was off today!

Rave: Finally found out who the "other person from Jersey" is at work. Sounds silly, but apparently quite a few people in the warehouse were trying to figure out who we were (saw the license plates)

rant: Got the drivers license and insurance taken care of, but still no WA plates, as bank is difficult& slow to send a copy of title to licensing so I can get plates already. Hope I don't get pulled over because I'm not sure how being "2/3 legal" would sit with police.

that's actually part of a bigger rant: Vet in NJ doesn't want to send dog's file to new vet in WA,-needed due to his new found enlarged heart and liver and daughter's Dr. wants $1.00 a page to transfer file! holding my files hostage and profiting on my move!

Happy Friday! attemting to go get holiday shopping done today-2 weeks earlier than usual!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi and Happy Friday to all. I seem more tired this week. It must be the holiday rush beginning. My company is gone and I have the laundry to prove it!
Rave: My daughter's chorus sang last night and they were wonderful. She really has a nice voice.
I can rant and rave for the holidays. I love the magic of Christmas, but hate the shopping and the selling of it.
Rant: Put the Christmas back into the holiday greetings. Tired of people ditching the word Christmas to be politically correct. So, I say Merry Christmas and Happy Hannaukah and Happy New Year to all!!! Don't like generics holiday greetings..
RAVE: to keep the theme of travel, I look forward to getting some real Hawaii planning going in the new year. It seemed so far away before, but April will be here before you know it!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:29 AM

Rave: It's not only Friday, it's my last work day before vacation.

Rant: I purchased Best Western Travel cards for our vacation next week and now the hotel is no longer affiliated with Best Western! (now what?)

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:32 AM

Rave: I've purchased all the airfare and gotten the apartment reserved for my mother's surprise birthday trip to Rome in March.

Rave: I'm flying her first class for a once in a lifetime experience. Of course, sis and I will be back in cattle class.

Rant: It's been hotter than Hades here for this time of year. Please send some snow this way!

Rave: DH and I are both off this weekend, which is a rarity. Other than Christmas decorating, we are looking forward to relaxing together.

Rave: Good books set in Venice that neither of us can put down lately.

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:36 AM

Rave: Wonderful Thanksgiving in Pátzcuaro, Michoacán.

Rave: Christmas in Barra de Navidad on the Costalegre, Jalisco (actually, the Hot is on the Island in the state of Colima). Gone fishing, lol.

Rave: Back to Morelia/Zitácuaro, Michoacán for the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuaries in Feb.

Rave: SFO/China in Mar/Apr.

Rave: SMdA has two stop lights on the ring road: had to retrain myself to watch for them on the recent trip.

jorr, do you know the source of the meds from Borg?

Feliz fin de semana.

M
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:44 AM

Good morning!

Rant: My leg is still in a cast. And it's so slippery outside. Crutches and ice don't mix well.

Rave: I see the ortho doctor on Monday. The cast MIGHT come off Keep your fingers crossed for me, won't you?

Rant: No vacation planned

Rave: Bathroom and living room are being re-done. I've been putting it off for a long time so that I could take vacations. Hey, you can't have everything!

Rant: The houses in my neighborhood are going to be re-assessed and expected to go up up up! Give me a break, I live in the city. Nothing is going up except crime! The city is so desperate for money that they're going to chase away the few of us who stick around and take care of our properties. I'm gonna fight this one.

Rave: I have a house to live in and broken legs heal, so I don't really have any problems!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:59 AM
cd

Rave: A wonderful Thanksgiving road trip to Houston with a few days in Hot Springs at the baths on the way down and some time in Memphis at the Peabody on the way back.

Rave: Weather in the 70's and 80's during vacation!!

Rant:
Snow, snow, snow this morning all over my porch furniture that I did not bring inside for the winter before leaving on vacation.

Statia what a great gift you're giving your Mom!

Jorr, those meds sound too good to be true....you'll have to keep us updated.

Happy weekend to all.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:06 AM

jorr,

Just checked with Borg Drug: my single RX is $145. + $10. S/H for 90 tabs from CanadaDrugsOnline.com
Borg wants $284.15 + 2.5%CC H/$3.00 shipping.
I have high deductible indemnity health insurance, so I pay small expenses out of pocket.
Not so great afterall.
M
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:13 AM

BuffaloGirl, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

cd, I figure it's the least I can do after all the years she spent raising me so well.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

mikemo, I assume the drugs come from the same maufacturers that other drug stores get them from. The owner sells them at low prices as his way of protesting high drug prices and makes up for the losses with high volume. It must be working because he has been in business for six years.

I should be getting my meds in the mail this afternoon and will compare with empty bottle from the chain drug store I have used and post with the results.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:20 AM

Rant: Due to high fuel costs my school office is a moderately frigid 67 degrees.

Rave: I've lost 8 pounds just in time for DH's office holiday party.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:35 AM

rave: thanksgiving was great! it was family and friends, in the new kitchen. a light hearted thanksgiving! food was great, and i met otto's little sister, our kitten lola!

rave: the holidays. i so i am not one of those people who complain about christmas shopping! i love it. i love the music, the decorations, choosing the perfect gift, i put alot of effort into it...i was shopping first thing last, friday morning and i'm sure i'll be shopping christmas eve. looking forward to the snow! (just not messy, slushy snow!)

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:43 AM

Rave:
Christmas parade and tree lighting in the courthouse square tonight in Woodstock. Another + for small town living.

Rant.... 2113

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:44 AM

Rave: Atlantic Canada is basking in mild temperatures for this time of year.

Rave: Hubby had to mow the lawn yesterday. Grass looks lovely and green.

Rave: Christmas shopping done !

Rant: Dad diagnosed with aortic anuersym. ( spelling ? ). It's at the stage where it needs surgery.

Rant: Stupid doctor who tells my father he's "walking around with a time bomb...". Had him terrified to move, until another, more empathic physician explained he would be ok until surgery happened.

Rave: We are keeping positive that everything will be fine.

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:53 AM

Rant: Its been a bad bad bad week. Two friends have been injured (1 car accident and 1 fall both resulting in broken bones) and one friend lost her 17 year old son very suddenly and tragically. My friends' bones will heal but how do you get over the loss of a child.

Rave: Again I am reminded of how blessed I am.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

I forgot this rant: 3 degrees this morning and a cold front is moving in this weekend.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
bonniebroad

bennnie, so tragic to hear of your friend losing their son. I am sure that nothing could be worse. So incredibly sad for them ...

Wagonwheel, I am sending best wishes for your Father, that his surgery goes well and that he will be back full-stride before you know it!

RAVE: My Fodors friends who have been so warm and kind as I let my sweet brother go this week. I wanted to let you know that his Wake was so appropriate for him ... there was a Memorial Table set up which included a beautiful painting that he'd done of the historic Mabry Mill, a huge tray of perfect vegetables in celebration of all the lovely gardens he's grown, photo albums depicting his family life and his musical life. His banjo stood near the head of his casket, and the floral tribute from our family contained a miniature violin/fiddle. (My brother had taught himself to play all the stringed instruments by the time he was eight, a talent inherited from our father.) Bluegrass gospel played throughout the evening ... and it was all such a perfect tribute to a truly outstanding human being. I know I will hear his music in my heart always. Thank you again, for your support through this time.

RAVE: Three weeks or so until Christmas ... I hope this season will be really festive and fun for all of you! Have a good weekend, everybody in Fodorville!

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:12 AM
Tess

Bennnie,
Truly every parent's worst nightmare...I can't bear to think about it and am so sorry for your friend.

Rant: Even with better eating, exercise and light dose of medication, my blood pressure's been way up the past two weeks. Very disheartening, considering I'm 'only' 43. I tend to be a worrywart and know that's partially to blame.

Rave: My husband will be home tonight after spending the week in Minneapolis on business--the house seems empty without him--even the dog is mopey!

Rant: That we had a marvelous Thanksgiving with both sides of the family and a fun trip to Boulder, Colo. to see Nebraska beat Colorado in football last week.

Rant: That two sections of Colorado fans had to be removed from the stadium for throwing bottles, etc. onto the field. For awhile I wondered if we'd get out of the stadium safely. What a black mark on their school.

Rave: No work today--it's 8:10 a.m. and I'm still in my jammies Happy weekend, everyone!

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:13 AM
Tess

oops, I always do that. My Thanksgiving should have been a 'rave,' of course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -