Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Foster City to SFO morning traffic conditions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 09:55 AM
hal

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how bad traffic is between Foster City and SFO during the 7-8:30 am commute. My brother wants to leave the car at a hotel in Foster City and take the airport shuttle...Is there a carpool lane? I'm from Sacramento area.....Thanks for any info. I called the hotel and got different answers from staff.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 09:59 AM
x

Why stay at a hotel to park & fly in Foster City when you can stay closer to the airport and not deal with the traffic? Have you contacted your hotel to see what the usual drive times are for that time of day? Those shuttle guys are much better at answering this question than anyone on this board.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Grasshopper

I live in Foster City. Friday my daughter took me to the airport at 7 am. We were there by 7:15.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 11:31 AM
David

Hal,

There should not be much of a problem with traffic to SFO from Foster City in the morning, since most of the traffic is going in the opposite direction toward San Jose.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:33 PM
hal

Thaks for the info - the last 2 were helpful. Sorry for the delay-been a rough week- FYI my brother wants to stay in Foster City because the hotel park and fly includes one month of indoor parking and is a 4 star hotel...I know there are closer options but not many offer indoor 30 day parking. Thanks.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:19 PM
x

Hal, can't beat indoor parking! What do the shuttle drivers say about the morning drive at the 4 star hotel in Foster City?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Huh?

Hey X,
I guess it would be best to drive to the hotel first to talk to the shuttle drivers...great ideas you have to share. The original post said there were different answers from hotel staff.
Hal, I agree indoor parking is nicer...my friend got a stereo stolen from El Ranchos park and fly.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Grasshopper

I'm guessing you're talking about the Crowne Plaza. I think that will work fine. Like I said; 15 minutes tops. I'm a frequent flyer and SFO is a snap for me.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:00 PM
XmasFlyer

Speaking of SFO, does anybody know when they are supposed to be finished with all the construction?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
Susan

xmasflyer, what construction? The new international terminal has been open for over a year. Are you referring to the BART connection to the airport? That is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year or beginning of next. If you are travelling at Christmas time, maybe you'll be lucky and it will be operating. Regardless, I've flown in and out of SFO a number of times recently and no construction has hindered my travel.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:19 PM
Betsy

XmasFlyer, a humorous question. My 23 year-old remarked recently that he's never known SFO not to be under some kind of construction. And you know what? I think he's absolutely right! But as Susan mentioned above, don't let that deter you!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
janis

Betsy is right - I have flown out of SFO a few times most years since about 1973 and there has been some sort of construction every single time.