Search

Fort Worth Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fort Worth Hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn, Soutwest I20?
Country Inn and suites, 2200 Mercado Drive or Comfort Inn Stockyards, or Comfort Suites, West Freeway?? Need help trying to find a decent place for March. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 11:24 AM

I've not stayed in any of these places but have passed by all but the Comfort Inn - Stockyards (see coments below) on many occasions. They are all "typical" chain hotels/motels - they look no different than the same brand hotel/motel in any other town across the USA.

As for the Comfort Inn Stockyards I don't recall seeing one in that area of town. I wonder if the company is using the term "Stockyards" to describe one of their Fort worth locations that might be near but not actually in the Stockyards. I did a quick google search but still couldn't find a Comfort Inn location that I would consider being near the Stockyards. If you have an address that would help better identify its location.

The various locations you've chosen are "all over" the Fort worth Map. If you care to share what you'll be doing or seeing while in Fort Worth it will be easier to guide you to the hotel that best meets your needs.
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM

As previously posted - what are your plans in Fort Worth? I'd be glad to help with more info...I live in FW
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM

I work in downtown FW. I'm also happy to help!
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

to docforcemom
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. We are staying in Fort Worth at the Quality Inn, S Cherry St off I30. Other then going to the Stockyards, we don't have any plans. What do you suggest.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM

FYI. I think that the Quality Inn mentioned is on Cherry LANE and it is not in a very good part of Fort Worth. In fact, Mrs. MileKing, who is from Fort Worth, refuses to let us stay in the Cherry Lane area when we visit. The Hampton Inn Southwest, where we usually stay, is a typical Hampton Inn. I'm certain it costs more than the Quality Inn, but most hotels in the Southwest area are not inexpensive.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM

MileKing is correct, the Quality Inn is on Cherry Lane not Cherry Street.

FYI - Cherry Street is in downtown Fort Worth. Cherry Lane is about 8 miles west of downtown just off I-30.

The Stockyards can be seen in about a half day (a little more if you add lunch or dinner to you itinerary).

Anyway, now that you've gotten a short geography lesson I'll mention some other interesting things to do while you are in Fort Worth.

If your trip is coming up within the next 10 days or so you can take in the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. It's the city's premier event.

If you are an art lover you have your choice of the Kimball Art Museum, The Amon Carter Muesum, the Modern Art Museum and the Sid Richardson Western Art Museum. Then there's the Cow Girl Hall of Fame and Museum, the Natrual History Museum and the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Museum. You can also visit the Fort Worth Zoo, and the Botanical Gardens or take in a show at the Fort Worth Performing Arts Center. Depending on the time of year you might be able to take in a Nascar or IRL race at Texas Motor Speedway or a Texas Rangers Baseball Game (in neaby Arlington).