Reload this Page >

Forever Plaid-question

Search

Forever Plaid-question

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:59 AM
theater

Forever Plaid-question

Has anyone seen this play? Would it be suitable for children aged 10?

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:12 PM
travellyn

I saw it a long time ago (15 years?), but from what I remember, I think a fairly mature 10 year old would enjoy it. I can't remember anything raunchy about it. It was mostly just funny and sweet. It might mean a little more to the 50 and over crowd.

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:50 PM
Stacy

Definitely suitable. Just four guys singing songs from the fifties. You will love it, and your kids might, too.

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:06 PM
Paul Rabe

Ditto the above comment. It consists solely of four guys doing those hits of male harmony that were big in the 1950s but died with the Beatles. They even do a Beatles song in that style! Can't recall a single thing that would be objectionable. Whether or not a ten year old would enjoy music from over 40 years ago is another question.

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:57 PM
Donna

A ten year old will be VERY bored. I saw it at 29 and was bored. These are FIFTIES songs, not the popular sixties songs you probably more familiar with. Its for the over 55 generation.

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:06 PM
Sandy

Will disagree with Donna and agree with other posters. I think it would be entertaining and highly suitable for a 10 year old. I've seen it several times over the years. The first time I was in my 20's, and have brought my parents, my sister, my cousin, and my brother at different times and different theatres. Everyone LOVED it. I didn't know most of those songs previously and it didn't matter a bit. The comedy and talent are fabulous. Have a plaid time!