For those of you near Anaheim, CA....

Old Jan 9th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you near Anaheim, CA....

Is it really going to be in the upper 70's today and near 81 tomorrow? Im heading down this afternoon for Disneyland tonight and tomorrow with my kids... am having trouble believing the weather reports!

WIll warm sweatshirts be enough for the evenings or should I bring shorts for day and full on parkas for night?

Thanks... I know a weather question... especially with Disneyland in the post is a nightmare for some of you! LOL!
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
lvk

That's what they have been saying here all week. They are expecting mild Santa Ana conditions.

Warm fleece should be fine for the evenings. Parkas not necessary. I don't know about the shorts for the day, though. To me, it is still pants weather, as it doesn't generally warm up until after 11 am, then quickly starts cooling down around 3-4 or so. (But that's here at the coast, inland in Anaheim you might get away with shorts.)

Have fun!
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM

It is warm and lovely right now in Orange County. Jeans & T-shirt during day is fine. You can probably skip parkas, but I would always rather be too warm than too cold. We were there on new years day and were freezing. I even had gloves on.
We buy a big locker first thing in the morning for like $10-$12 and go into and out of it all day long. We sometimes even bring a change of shoes (crazy!). Lockers are inside the park on main street (on the right, as facing castle). WORTH IT!
(Be sure to do the new toy story midway mania ride in CA Adventures and the haunted mansion if it is still decked out as "nightmare before christmas"). Enjoy your time and say "hi" to mickey from us!
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I will post a short Mouse report for those who care!
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM

I spent yesterday at Disneyland, it was nice and warm all day. I had on a cashmere cardigan during the day and after dark it got a bit chilly and I put on a heavier cardigan. Many people from colder climates I guess were wearing shorts in the day and sleeveless tops. I was comfortable in my light sweater and jeans. My friend was wearing a tshirt and put on a sweatshirt in the evening.

It was a very nice day at the park, not very crowded but we did have to get a fastpass for Indiana Jones and the line for the Matterhorn was very long. Haunted Mansion and Small World were closed for repairs.