Fodorites get-together in Florida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 04:08 AM
Miriam

Hello,

I wonder if some of the fellow Fodorites will be in Florida during the holidays?
I`ll be there coming over from Germany, in Ft. Lauderdale to be exact, from Dec. 18th. to January 2nd.
I`ve met some people from the Forum in the past (Hi Monica) and really enjoyed it.
So, will anybody join me for dinner or some drinks during that time? I`m able to get around to another place where people might be located since I have a car.

Just drop a line.
Cheers

Miriam

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 07:01 AM
AAGorejr

I luv Florida! I plan to move the White House there since Tennessee is no longer a viable alternative. =)

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 07:55 AM
Malka

Oh, dear, Miriam -- I fear you will be unable to get a straight, serious response as long as Florida is in the spotlight as the focus of the election madness.

Please -- a plea on Miriam's behalf -- can those of you with brilliant humor or trenchant analysis direct it to one of the other threads? And can those Europeans or other Fodorites who are interested in meeting Miriam please respond soon?

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 07:20 AM
John

Hi Miriam,

I`ll be in Miami at the same time and
would love to meet you. I`ll be staying at the Delano. We could meet in Miami or Lauderdale. Just send me a mail what you think about Dec. 27th. in the evening?

John

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 07:54 AM
Al Godon

Right on. Before anyone squeezes off a few rounds to take pots shots at dimpled chad, fried chad, hung chad, and Flori-duh, please note that our international friends are not always up on the latest American humor over the election that will never end.

Despite the ballot marathon, reversed court decisions, and Kathy Harris, the Florida climate is a welcome relief from points North along about mid January.
The sunshine is not subject to a Supreme Court ruling.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 11:38 AM
Ms. Harris

Excuse me Mr. Godon, it's Katherine, NOT Kathy. Thank you very much.

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 08:35 AM
Miriam

Hello,

I apologize for my suggestion of a get-together. The two answers gave a good picture of what we know from the media here in Germany regarding the election. My fault was that I thought that it`s a travel forum. I don`t intend to interfere with politics in any way.

John, I`ve sent you an email to your private adress.

Bye

Miriam

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 09:26 AM
Leone

Yes, I'd like to participate. I will be in the Tampa area December 22-26. I will have some wheels, so could drive, if not too far. Meeting Fla. Fodorites might be fun. Please keep me posted at this site on where and when. Thanks, and ciao.

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 09:27 AM
D.

I think it is really sad that we can't all just act like adults and put these election issues behind us! This is a TRAVEL forum!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Leone

Hey, D, I think you're right. Xmas is coming soon, and the elction will hopefully be a dim memory. I hope the Fla. Fodorites can assemble. Be sure to keep us all up to date in case we can make it. I would like to try if it's not too far, and I think I can take a day.

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 11:04 AM
Miriam

Hello Leone,

finally my faith in the participants of this forum is back. I would love to meet you. Please leave me a message at my private adress concerning dates and places.
Concerning another posting about get togethers...I think it`s a wonderful experience to put faces to what you already seem to know about a person from the postings they`ve made. There`s nothing else involved-just a possibility to make friends who share the same interests.
And what I forgot-thanks to Malka,D. and John about understanding what my request was about...

Miriam

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 07:27 PM
Al Godon

I fear the Flordia election mess runs deeper and more pervasively than we know. It will be several weeks before the Florida themes return to normal.

And if Harris what ever is offended, good. Makes my day.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 06:04 AM
Mustangs81

Hello Miriam,

I e-mailed you directly last evening, hope you received it. I just wanted to suggest that you post your invitation on the "Europe" side as there are several Floridian Fodities there.

Note to the hecklers on this thread...most of the population in Florida are transplants from northern states. So the target of the ballot jokes are misdirected.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 06:22 AM
Leone

Thanks, Miriam - I'm looking at the calendar, and will be in touch. I know it'll be a good event, and I hope I'll be able to join in. Take care.