Florida Spring Break Itinerary - 3 Cities in 10 Days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, my business trip to Florida over Spring Break is coming together. Now I need help linking the destinations in a coherent manner.

Flying to somewhere in FL from NYC. Renting a car there and driving to other distination (one-way rental). 10 days max.

I need to visit Panama City Beach, Tampa/St. Pete, and Miami/Fort Lauderdale.

What makes sense?

(For those kind people who helped with my venue choices, many of the venues have agreed to host a promotion party for my entertainment company. Not a tough choice considering I have alcohol sponsore providing open bar. Also, it turns out "MTV Spring Break" is not filming in Florida, but is filming in Cancun for two days only in mid-March, a significant cutback from years prior. The footage will air at the end of March.)

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:59 AM

It is a 6-7 hr. drive from PC to Tampa. And during the high season, it could take you even longer. But I looked last week and there were flights for $200 rd trip btwn the two cities. I would imagine you could find something similar btwn. Tampa/Miami.

Not knowing what budget you have or what size staff you're taking with you, I'd recommend that you look into flying NY/Tampa (there are many non-stops) and then fly to the other two cities.

If you don't want to fly, then you should start in Miami via one-way ticket, drive to Tampa, then to PC, then drive back to Tampa where you can get a reasonable flight. During this time, you will spend at least one entire day on the road, amid all the crazy drivers that come to Florida.

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM
GoTravel

Spirit Airlines flies roundtrip from LGA to Tampa, Ft. Meyers, Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando.

They do not penalize for one way tickets.

You could fly into Orlando, drive to Panama City, work, drive to Tampa, work, drive over to MIA/FLL work, and fly home out of FLL.

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:19 AM

did you try to fly into Panama City International Airport(pcairport.com) and out of FLL or Miami and also rent from same airport(car/van)?..have flown from one town and out of another same w/car..so I know you can do it..would make more sense..or do trip in reverse..
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Because I'll have product with me that I'd prefer not to ship, I don't think flying between cities is an option unfortunately.

GoTravel, that's pretty much what I was thinking, so I appreciate the confirmation. I have some product warehoused in Tampa, so it makes sense to fly Spirit into there and then go about my business via rental car.

I know it's a long way to PCB; if time constraints/logistics prevent it, such is life.

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:55 AM

There is also a very large Spring break crowd in Daytona, which would be much easier for you to do.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 09:01 AM

Spirit does not fly to Tampa from LGA, but does fly to Orlando which is an hour away from Daytona.