Las Vegas in early to mid March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are taking our third trip to Vegas in March in the last 2 years. We will only be there from Thursday-Sunday AM and would like to try something different. We've already been downtown and hit most of the hotels on the strip. We have also already done the Cirque du Soleil shows and Danny Gans. We'll be staying on the strip.

I'm looking for any suggestions for good shows, attractions just outside Vegas, or even any hidden treasures in Vegas.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:34 AM

How about visiting Hoover Dam or Valley of Fire? The dueling piano's at NYNY are a lot of fun for a couple of hours. Hang out at the Palms and hope to see Brittney get married again? Take a romantic ride on the gondolas at the Venetian. Go to the shooting range and experience a machine gun or something similar. You could also try out a comedy club, magic show or even an adult entertainment club. Maybe renew your vows in a cheesy chapel?

Are you an outdoors type, pampered type, show lover, athletic, adventuresome, etc. etc.???

It may help to know more about your interests.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

placeU2, thanks for your quick reply. We typically go to Vegas over a long weekend and schedule one or two shows in advance and just do "whatever" to fill in the rest of the time.

I think doing something outdoors, like Hoover Dam is appealing. I haven't heard much about the Valley of Fire. If we do one outdoor thing, we most likely wouldn't do another outdoor adventure for the rest of the weekend. Plus, we will not have a car. Also, I'd like to maybe schedule one show in advance. My husband isn't really into the Vegas-style dancer shows, so we won't be seeing any of those.

We are pretty much open to anything.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM

Ethel M chocolate factory and cactus garden.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Big Elvis @ Barbary Coast, 3PM, Free.

Blue Man Group is pretty unique though you can see it in other parts of the country so it's not unique to Vegas.