Florida in December with 2.5 year old

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Chris

Florida in December with 2.5 year old

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate recommendations on a nice upscale resort in South Florida or upper Keys friendly to 2 adults with a toddler. We'll be flying in from Philadelphia, and would like to spend 4-5 nights in mid-December in a resort with lots of activities for little children, nice pool, beach and restaurants. Since we'll be with a child, we have no plans to go anywhere outside of the resort.

Thank you.

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:21 AM
x

Hawks Cay in the middle Keys will fit the bill and the weather will be warm down there.

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:08 PM
rqf

Keep in mind that the weather in South Florida can be a gamble. You could days of non beach or pool weather. The beaches in the Keys are not very good so a resort in southern Florida would be a better bet.You might find what you are looking for on Florida's west coast.

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Will

The Boca Raton Resort and Club is excellent. I am not sure if it meets your budget, but they have activities for children every day and are located in a lush setting with beach access. The weather should be 70's or 80's during the day, 50's or 60's at night.

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Lenore

The Boca Raton Resort is supposed to be top notch. I've never stayed there because I live here. Please keep in mind that weather in mid-December is somewhat unpredictable. We've shopped for Christmas trees in shorts and t-shirts one year and buttoned up coats the next. We generally get 3-4 cold snaps each winter but they never last for more than a few days. Enjoy!