Florida: Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In search of a warm April destination (anywhere JetBlue flies and where we can use our stock of Marriott Rewards).

Anyone stay at this Marriott recently? If so, please share your impressions.

Thanks!

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:38 AM

I stayed there a couple years ago [perhaps three], and at the time, loved our stay there. We had a great efficiency unit, just off the pool, with extremely convenient parking just outside our door, that was almost private. The surrounding area was fun to expservice.we were lore. When there, we had excellent
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Lois! LOL, you have left me hanging!

"When there, we had excellent..."

What?

Food, service, weather? Please tell me, lol!
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:36 AM

Sorry, must have been distracted! Didn't realize at all, how I had left the response! We had excellent service in restaurant each time we ate there [I think we actually had dinner there twice, and lunch once].

We enjoyed walking out from our room, straight to the pool, and really enjoyed parking at our door, much like an apt. setup, where we were.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Three weeks and counting!!!

Any other ideas about what to do/see in the area?

Also, any restaurant recommendations, either on the island or off?

Thanks
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

No one, huh.

Well then, I guess I will have to report back and just let you know how wonderful it is (fingers crossed).
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:07 PM

There is a restaurant on the water (Intercoastal), I think it's called Crabby Joe's, it's a seafood restaurant and we went there for dinner when we were down there, it was real good, sit out on the deck, great views.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 05:04 AM

We have a place on North Hutchinson. We love to have drinks and dinner at the Tiki Bar right on the water in Fort Pierce and that whole area is great for strolling. Right now, there is spring training going on in Vero Beach. Vero Beach has botanical gardens and there is a fun outdoor market on the waterfront square in Fort Pierce on Saturdays. Fort Pierce is the mainland town across from Hutchinson and North Hutchinson and they've done a good job revitalizing their waterfront. They have some very nice historic renovations of properties. I love the drive along Old Dixie Highway, meandering into the old neighborhoods to the east of it that have these beautiful old houses right on the water.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 05:20 AM

A couple of weeks ago, my we stayed at the Courtyard Hutchinson Island for business.We were so impressed we're going back this week. It was on a lovely stretch of beach, and must have been another hotel at one time, because of the upscale rooms. They were all rich, mohogany-looking woods, with very art-deco bathrooms(complete with leaded glass door and glass shower). I'm sure the Marriott is nice, but we were so taken with this particular Courtyard. Be sure to ask for an oceanfront room.
I second the motion for Crabby Joes.
The hotel advised us of this restraunt.
Don't judge it by the outer appearance.
It's nice inside, especially if you can get a waterview table. The food was superb.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM

The place everyone is mentioning is Conchy Joes, on Indian River Drive just north of the Jensen Beach Causeway. It is very good! The Courtyard is so nice because it's pretty much new- it reopened not long ago after having to be completly gutted and redone after Frances and Jeanne. (The Holiday Inn just south of there suffered the same fate, but still isn't anywhere near being done)

The Elliot Museum is near the Marriot, and is worth a short visit.

There are some nice places to eat in Downtown Stuart- The Ashley is good. If you're looking for a good, fun sports bar/grill Duffy's downtown is good.

I don't know your exact dates, but check out what's playing at the Lyric Theater or the Barn Theater in Stuart- they usually have some good things going on. Also up in Ft. Pierce they have renovated the Sunrise Theater and they have some good things booked in the coming months.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, everyone.

I mistakenly passed up the Courtyard, not realizing its improvements and beachfront location. It's too late to use our rewards (would have required less points) -- nothing is available for our dates.

At the Hutchinson Marriott, we'll get an ocean view upgrade only if it's available at check-in. They won't accept rewards or even additional points for this ocean front building.

I checked out the menu at Conchy Joes, looks real good!

I'll check out the other activities. Looking forward to some warm weather -- it's cold in the northeast for the first day of Spring....brrrr!