Flanigan's Villas versus Desert Pearl

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at or seen either of the Flanigan's Villas (not the Inn, the villas) in Sprindale? How would they compare to the Desert Pearl?
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM

I bet Flanagan's has a Web site. I know the Desert Pearl does. I would make a side trip to Springdale just to visit the Desert Pearl again. There's a river to sit by, huge red rocks, green grass, very clean and streamlined and modern and comfortable and large efficiency room, huge marble and native stone bathroom, balcony overlooking pool and red canyon wall... and when we were there, a moon hung over all this. It's paradise!
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Yes both Flanigan's Villas and The Desert Pearl have extensive websites. And there are many, many excellent reviews on tripadvisor and this site for The Desert Pearl. I'm looking for feedback from people who have been to Springdale or live in Springdale to give me further insight. No one seems to have stayed at the Villas and I'd like to know how they compare.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 04:39 AM

WE stayed at Flanigans two summers ago but in a suite not a villa. I believe it was the David Pettit suite. It was quite nice. A small patio with table out front (view of the parking lot and some hills), living room with leather couches and t.v. Fridge and counter (not really a kitchenette). Walked up half a flight of stairs to a queen or king bedroom loft (open to living room) and then back further to another queen room. One good sized bathroom.

Can't compare it to Desert Pearl as I haven't been there but know that people rave. I will say that I liked Flanigans very much and was glad to have the extra space for our family at the end of a long trip. But I did think that the Flanigans website made the hotel look more spacious (in terms of layout and grounds) than it really is. The building are quite close together. No issue with that but sometimes websites aren't perfect.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:14 PM

My family of 5 have stayed at both. The Desert Pearl is awesome! My husband and I stayed at Flanigans Villa (the one with the Baby Grand piano!!) and it was just as awesome. We even hiked behind the lodging that is lit up at night too. I recommend BOTH.
As a matter of fact I came across this forum while looking up lodging in Zion for yet another trip in August and it will be either Flanagans or Desert Pearl for sure. We have also stayed at the two resorts outside of the park (through the tunnel or access from back side) The Ponderosa Ranch (tons of activities, camping, log homes, etc) and the Zion Mountain Resort(buffalo roam in fields and a great horseback ride and cabins). All have their own websites and I recommend signing up to receive their special offers.