First time to Los Angeles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to LA in mid June (4days)....we've already booked the flight and got a rental car. Any suggestions on where to stay and what to see? We definitely want to sightsee, shop, eat at some good resturants, and go to the beach. We have tickets to the Dodgers vs. Angels night game. We are also going to Disney for one day. Any advice would be helpful!!!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:18 PM

Budget? Looking for young and trendy? Luxury? Cheap and generic? Looking to be in the middle of action (like the Sunset Strip)or nearer the beach?
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

For hotel we would like under $200-150. I would rather stay some where near the middle of action, but we would also go to the beach for possibly an afternoon. We are looking for fun, moderately cheap things to do. We are young and like to go out. (Nightlife suggestions?)
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM

SunsetPlazaHotel.com would be a good central location for everything that you want to do. Just know that everything is going to be a bit of a drive. Beach 35 min, Dodgers 30 min, Disneyland 40 min etc.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM

Hi Linzer,

For nightlife options you may want to check out www.la.com. It's a very good site covering all of the hip and fun places in l.a.

Joesorce's hotel is in a good location. I had my friends stay at the Hyatt on Sunset Blvd. and that was an ideal location. They were able to walk around the blvd. for the nightlife and it's right next to the Saddle Ranch, a popular and rowdy hangout, and if you're into comedy clubs it's near The Laugh Factory and The Comedy Club.

Besides Hollywood and Sunset I would recommend going to Melrose Ave. There's some really interesting and funky boutiques, eateries there and it's also great for people watching.

And for the beach there's Santa Monica and Venice. While I personally like Huntington and Redondo beach much better, Santa Monica and Venice blvd. will be closer to where you're staying and you'll also be able to go to 3rd street promenade around there.