Reload this Page >

First time in New York

Search

First time in New York

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Linda

First time in New York

Firstly, must say that this site is fab !! Thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer our queries.

Back to my trip.

Planning a trip to New York (first time) for my husbands 30th. (7 - 10 Feb)

We would like to be "in the thick of things" but can afford a max of $200 per room per night (but there are loads of specials at that time- feel free to go wild with your recommendations).

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 03:16 AM
s

To be in theheart of Things you want to stay in midtown west. Find a hotel that meets your budget that is located between W. 41st St. and west 50th Street. you dont' want to be too far west so the street address should not be more than 200.. A nice hotel that might fit your budget is the Broadway Millenium on W. 44th St. Also try the Renaissance on 7th Ave and W, 47th St.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Dave

You should be able to find good rates in the winter.If you get a chance go to nbc studio's at 2:00 to 3:00, look for a person with a clip board.ask them for Letterman tickets,and they will ask you a simple question and your in!bring a jacket its cold in the studio.They have ice skating in central park and rockafeller center.Go up the empire state building just befor it gets dark its really cool at night.Go to db's for the $50 burger!lol

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:03 AM
gc

Dave,
I thought the Letterman show was shot by CBS at the Ed Sullivan Theatre north of Times Square...?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Merilee

I always recommend The Gorham Hotel on West 55th Street because it is a lovely and elegant boutique style hotel that is literally in the heart of everything. Take a look at their website. I think it may be what you are looking for.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:49 AM
xxx

getting into the letterman show is not that easy.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:00 AM
jason

You'll never get into the Letterman Show by showing up at NBC Studios, the wrong building.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:37 AM
dave

It is that easy to get in the letterman show.Ive been lots of times.i think its on broadway, late show with david letterman.they might ask you who rooper is.he owns the deli on the corner.do not take tickets for standby they are a waste of time.so trust me and go there round 2pm.they have tickets because some groups cant make it.thats the only and best way to get tickets and not many people know about it!!!!!!!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:44 AM
dave

CBS Studios
The Ed Sullivan Theater
1697 Broadway
New York, NY 10019 (this is the address)they will be hanging outside around 2pm just ask them if they have tickets and be nice!! have fun on the show..dave

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:47 AM
gc

Dave,
I thought the Letterman show was shot by CBS at the Ed Sullivan Theatre north of Times Square...?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:55 AM
thereuare

Bid for a 4 star hotel in any of the midtown locations on Priceline, likely get something for <$100/nite.

Check out biddingfortravel.com for specifics.

No need to spend close to $200/nite on a hotel in NYC (IMO).

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:41 PM
gc

Dave,

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:47 PM
gc

Apologies...
I'm not continually reposting that noye...it get's re-generated whenever I refresh.
Sorry...