Finger Lakes Luxury on Budget?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two days/one night in the Finger Lakes of New York. We will be overnighting in Utica on July 16th and want to immediately head into Finger Lakes region, enjoy the day (any ideas??), spend the night, enjoy another day and be back to Buffalo on the 18th for 6:30pm flight. My question is where do we stay (approx $150/night) that is unique and yet somewhat luxurious to end our two week vacation?

So far I have found either super expensive albeit beautiful, (10 Fitch, Auburn Inn for $240+) or very "homemade" for around $125. Is there anything in between?? We are accustomed to Intercontinental Hotel type level bought through Hotwire/Priceline so it is difficult to see the value for paying more than $200/night. Want something to close to "attractions" of wineries/towns to stroll/lakeside relaxing. Any help please!!
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM

A couple of years ago, we stayed one night at the Ramada in Geneva NY at the north end of Seneca Lake. Place was lakeside and close to Buffalo airport for our flight back to CA.

By no means luxury but would stay there again because of location.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the idea, I would prefer something more unique (no chains). Historic inns and bed&breakfasts are my preference.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM

go to www.VisitFingerLakes.com; they have a huge list of inns, B&Bs, hotels, etc.
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

I'm sorry to be so picky, however I have had an exhaustive search on many of the various FingerLakes sites. I have searched posts on here as well. So far I have yet to see very many personal recommendations. It seems there are a lot of people that talk about going here but no one has provided any feedback. Has anyone stayed in ANY of the very many available Historic Inns or B&Bs??
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
LN

How about the Mirbeau Inn - Skaneateles Finger Lakes personified. Everyone raved and raved and we finally made it there. But then you'd have to see what they charge cause I'm not sure you'd be in the ballpark at $150.

Luxurious, unique, and beautiful generally cost some $$$. Good luck - or try Priceline.