Lac Annecy lodging

Search

Lac Annecy lodging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lac Annecy lodging

Does anyone have suggestion for a charming hotel or inn on Lac Annecy, preferably near Talloires area, but...not very very expensive as l'Abbaye is. I did find a hotel for two nights in Annecy, and now want to spend the third night on the lake in a beautiful locale with a quaint or pretty or otherwise special hotel I can afford. Other advice welcome!
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM

Unless we're camping, we always stay in town, but try www.france.com for a search on hotels in the area. They include photos and comments by people who have stayed there.

Good luck.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:03 AM

Well it's not near Talloires, it's actually on the other side of the lake, but we stayed in the Hotel Du Lac in Duingt and just loved it. Right on the lake, with a very good restaurant. Run by a charming, young couple who couldn't be nicer. They have a website, and it was quite affordable. Do a google search
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:10 AM

Le Cottage Bise in Tailloires is pretty nice. It is less expensive than L'Abbaye and is in the same great location. It is not cheap, but not very, very expensive either. Tailloires is lovely.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 11:18 AM

humanone,
We have reservations for 4 nights this summer in Talloires at the Cottage Bise, run by the children of the owners of the much pricier Pere Bise. Both the Pere Bise and the L'Abbaye were well, well above our budget, but I've read really great reviews of the Cottage Bise, both in American, British and French guides.

To save euros, we opted for mountain rather than lake views, but we'll splurge on our meals. We're really looking forward to our stay, and the management has been very nice in our dealings with them.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM

Frankly I was disappointed in my stay at Le Cottage. We had reserved one Lake view and 2 garden views well in advance. They had us spread out all over the hotel and our Lake view was not looking out the front of the hotel but to the side which did not seem like much of a lake view to me. The hotel was pricey and the rooms although nice were not spectacular.

We were there during the heat wave and it was very hot in the hotel even at night so we requested fans for our rooms. We were told there were none. I felt that for a 4 Star Luxe hotel they should have gone and purchased inexpensive fans. The second day I suggested this and they told me they weren't going to do that for every single room in the place.

When we were checking out the Son Bise was on the phone with his automobile repair man discussing repairs on his Porche. He finished his converstation and walked away. Never addressed me or thanked me for our stay.

These things may sound picky and I wouldnt expect it except for the fact that it was an expensive 4 star luxe hotel. If they are going to earn the rating they need to satisfy the guest.

On the upside, we ate 1 lunch and 1 dinner in the hotel and found the restaurant very good. The staff was professional and friendly and the food very good. It was enjoyable sitting outside and looking over the lake.

Based on my experience I would not stay there in the future but would eat there. I have stayed at Pere Bise once before and vastly prefered that hotel in every way.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed in Pere Brise loved it!! A sentimental stay because my husband are there when in the army. He was amazed how much enlarged it is.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
was, sorry no edit.