Favorite Places You've Visited

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 12:04 AM
eKay

Favorite Places You've Visited

I loved the 182 vibrant responses to "Been There, Done That" vacation spots to avoid. Are you willing to jump into another thread on the most enjoyable locations you have visited and elaborate on why.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Judy

Hi eKay, I would say in the US: Hawaii Big Island, Kauai, Maui. Loved San Fran, and the Muir Woods(adore the Redwoods). I liked the Keys very much(I am a diver). >
They are my fave US places. Judy

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 08:10 AM
dembody

Maui, Puerto Rico, Elk California(by Mendocino), Charleston, Mexico, North Georgia Mountains.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 09:22 AM
cnm

Ireland and England. The countryside is so beautiful and the people are so good natured. It is so nice to go somewhere that people still say "excuse me" when they bump into you and a heartfelt "Cheers" in greetings. Unfortunately it just isn't like that too much here anymore. Fun Post!

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 10:03 AM
melinda

Wintertime skiing in Crested Butte, Colorado and also Telluride. The beauty of the mountains overpowered me. I love Hawaii as well for the sheer beauty of the water, beaches and sunsets.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 12:43 PM
xxx

Favorites: NYC - Edinburgh, Scotland - Seattle - Beijing - Venice, Italy - New Orleans

Least Favorites: Phoenix - the entire country of Germany - Tampa - Baltimore

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:01 PM
kalena

Hi eKaY:

In the US: Santa Fe, Seattle, the San Juan Islands, NoCal, what we have seen of Alaska, Crested Butte, Vail, Boulder, and of course, Hawaii nei.

We also like British Columbia.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Mary

There are two places in the world where I can totally relax and feel that I only have to do what I want to do.

They are Hawaii and Disney World.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Jacky

NEW YORK!!!!!!! NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 06:28 PM
traveller

New Zealand. Wonderful country, wonderful people. Just a great place.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 09:54 PM
leslieh

Scotland!
Beautiful landscapes-remote and wild
(Edinburgh)-castles,pubs,music,shopping
The people we met we entertaining, funny and friendly...we have such great memories and stories from our trip there in '97.
(Hoping to go to Hogmanay 2003 for our 5th wedding anniversary

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 08:44 AM
jan

Maui!!!!
Walt Disney World!!!!!!
Are my most favorite place I've visited!

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Will

Colorado - Tremendous scenic beauty and so much to do if you like the outdoors.

Fiji/Matangi Island - Beautiful, friendly, relaxing...

Scandinavia - Wonderful people, interesting cultures. Well worth a visit. If you go, I recommend taking a side trip (via overnight ferry) to St. Petersberg, Russia.

San Francisco - wonderful city. Better than advertised!

The Grand Canyon - appropriately named. Everyone should experience it at least once during their life.

The Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Me - The only park on the US East Coast which rivals the great western parks for scenic beauty. Not so well known, but another must see, IMHO. Lots to do. Try the sea kayaking!

Switzerland - stunningly beautiful.

The Banff National Park, Banff, Alberta - more scenery to die for.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:40 AM
dan woodlief

In the U.S.:
Charleston - beautiful, great food, lots of history

Hawaii - saw a volcano erupting (1986), climbed Diamond Head, went to a luau, went snorkeling, drove to Hana, etc. - great variety

The mountains of my homestate of NC in autumn - stunning views everywhere

Washington, D.C. - so much history, great for photography; last time I went was a few weeks before Christmas, and it was quieter but festive at the same time.

Madison, WI - I lived there for over 7 years; the people were friendly, there was always something going on, the traffic flowed, it had a lot of culture for a town of its size, and the food was excellent

Outside the U.S. - Paris and Prague (history and architecture) are my favorites, the Mayan ruins of the Yucatan (especially Uxmal), Beijing (fascinating), Hong Kong, Vienna (beautiful city), Freiburg (Germany - nice college town with few major sites but one of the best cathedrals in Europe), Munich (during a festival), and the magical Swiss Alps of the Berner Oberland region. Soon to add 2-3 Italian destinations to the list.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:44 AM
dan woodlief

Add Gettysburg and Antietam battlefields to my list. Well-preserved and lots of history.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Boots

Arizona wins for our family. Loved it all - Grand Canyon, Sedona, Tucson. Absolutely beautiful!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:56 PM
legalwil

ekay: My most favorite in the U.S.: San Francisco, Seattle, North Carolina, D.C. On foreign shores we love Montreal, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, China, Australia, Fiji, Greece, Senegal and Gambia in Africa, the Netherlands.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:57 PM
GatorGirl

SAN DIEGO!!!!!!!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Ann

Charleston (great restaurants, scenery, friendly people, history), San Francisco (same, except people are cooler and so is the weather), Chicago (very underrated and a great time--restaurants, architecture, baseball, great people). Loved Hawaii, but got a little island fever after a week. It's really a small town.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:46 PM
cheri

Victoria, BC...hands down! stayed in a guesthouse behind a brew pub, was treated like royalty. Flowers, beautiful scenery, and harbor seals that will eat out of your hands. A bit of old England!