Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Favorite "locals" place for breakfast on Kauai?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We loved the buffet at Duke's in Waikiki for breakfast. Anyplace similar on Kauai that serves a great, fair-priced breakfast? What about the best "locals" place for breakfast on Kauai? I think we'll be staying near Poipu. Thanks!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 12:55 PM

I wouldn't really call this a locals type place, but we always enjoy this little place in the Poipu Shopping Village across from Kiahuna Plantation. (Keoki's and Roys are in this same place) I don't know the name, but it is in the center of this little open air plaza. It is a white, free standing, small building that you can either sit down at or take out. They have home made type pasteries, buns, etc...at reasonable prices. They also have great burgers in the evening. Once, during breakfast, a rooster casually walked by eyeing our plates and us! Such is Kauai!!!Have a great time.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:39 PM

LOVE Dali Deli in Koloa! Haven't been in a few years, hopes it's there as I am craving it for next month. Oh, and for $$ the Hyatt with great views of the swams and ocean.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 06:20 PM

Definitely go to Joe's On The Green at the Kiahuna Golf Course. Take the same road as the one you turn into for the Poipu Shopping Center. There are signs. Also go to Camp House Grill in Kalaheo. They have great breakfasts and serve the "best" homemade biscuits. I love them with butter and jam. Yum.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM

The Tip Top Motel in Lihue is what you are looking for. Highly reccommened for breakfast only! We've only been on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't what it is like during the week.